Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloaders - other than Knight

CamoMan

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who shoots something other than a Knight rifle. I have had a CVA Firebolt for a couple years now, and really like it. I rarely see anything other than a Knight mentioned in the posts. That's okay, because I know they are top of the line. However, I feel kinda lonely . . . any CVA shooters out there?

Sorry, I'm a remington man. I love the rem model 700!!!!! A heck of a black powder gun!

I CURRENTLY OWN CVA BOBCAT .32 CAL,CVA NWTF 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN, TC BLACK MOUNTAIN MAGNUM 12 GAUGE SHOTGUN, 2 .50 TC HAWKEN RIFLES, ONE KNIGHT .45 SUPER DISC, ONE TC BLACK DIAMOND MILLENIUM EDITION .50 CAL, AND HAVE A NEW TC OMEGA STAINLESS STEEL-LAMINATED STOCK ON THE WAY. HOW ABOUT THAT......ALL I HAVE EVER SHOT BESIDES PAPER ARE A COUPLE OF N.E. IOWA GOBBLERS........YES WITH THE SHOTGUNS, OF COURSE.. M350 OUT

I have two CVA .50's:

CVA Blazer - Octagon barrel, blued, 1:32, english style (straight w/ no pistol grip) stock.

CVA staghorn - nickel plated in-line, 1:32, synthetic stock.

I have yet to have any real problems with either, although I have had some ignition problems initially with the blazer. I think that is due to the angle of the nipple. I need to get out with the in-line and do some fine-tuning on the bench to see what it will really do. So far most of my shooting with it has just been horsing around.

I shot the Thompson Center Black Diamond 50 cal. with the CVA powerbelt - extremely accurate!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CamoMan:
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who shoots something other than a Knight rifle. I have had a CVA Firebolt for a couple years now, and really like it. I rarely see anything other than a Knight mentioned in the posts. That's okay, because I know they are top of the line. However, I feel kinda lonely . . . any CVA shooters out there? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a CVA shooter as well. I bought my Hunter bolt 50cal three years ago not knowing rather I would enjoy the late season, so wanted in inexpensive. I was greatly suprised at the CVA's ability to group. I can shoot 1 1/4 groups off bench and bags at 100yds. I shoot 130grs of Pyrodex RS, Musket caps, and 215gr polimer tipped solid lead bullets, from Precision rifle. You can see these bullets on line at WWW.precisionrifle.com. They are the 40QTs. I put a 2x7x32 Leupold VARIX-II on top. It made a lethal combination. I plan to enter a deer in the Classic that I harvested with it on Jan 6, 2001. You can see a picture of it on the Heros page of PRbullets web site. It was the last on the page, James Winnett's

CH

My dad has shot a 50 CVA Blazer in-line for many years with no problems and lots of success. I shoot a 54 cal Cabela's Hawkin and CVA Pennsylvania both built from kits. Usually I use open sights, but I do have a magnetic scope mount with a 2.5 power Simons that I have stuck on all 3 of these guns while testing loads and obtained around 3-4 inch groups at 100 yards. If I'd put on a stronger scope and/or permanent mounts I should get even better groups.

Now with that said, I do intend to upgrade to a more modern MuzzleLoader within the next year and since I am from Iowa I will probably get a Knight. However I plan to checkout both Remington 700 and CVA magbolt too. (I love remington 700 high powers)

Top Bottom