Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NEED HELP WITH PLOT!!!!

sethgade280

Guys I need help. I have a field that is corn stubble right now. There will be soybeans this year, but there is a 4 acre part that will not be planted soybeans. This borders a marsh/bedding area, and I have a stand right in the corner. The problem and question I have is when and what should I plant in that 4 acre slice next to the field/bedding. I want to plant some sort of food plot there, but don't have the means of getting large equipment in there. I have a 4-wheeler with a food plot planter. What would be the most feasible/smart way to utlize that hunting space. Thoughts and wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lots of possibles but I like winter rye, spring oats and austrian winter peas for an inexpensive but all winter food plot.

80-100#'s or rye, 50-80#'s of oats and 30-50#'s of AWP's per acre seeded the last week of Ausgut thru Labor Day...no fertilizer needed...just hunt! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom