Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

need to get closer

G

i've seen this 160 class buck on 3 different occassion always at the edge of dark and about 40 yrds away icant get any father up the trail because its someone elses land and they dont allow hunting and i dont want to move my deer stand any closer to the fence on fear that i might spook him what should i do? i was thinking to just hold out and see if he makes a mistake

I wouldn't move the stand but I would try to move the buck in closer with options such as a doe bleat call or some light sparring sounds with some antler rattling. Other options might include a decoy, a grunt tube or some lure.

Also, depending on how good you are, you might consider taking the 40 yard shot, provided he is on the property you are hunting, provided you know exactly how far away he is (is he 37 yards, or 40, or 42, etc.) and provided you really know you and your equipment can put in a well placed shot at that distance. WARNING: Most people shouldn't consider this option and most people that think they can are wrong.

I like the lure plan.Put it on a clean rag,tied to fish line, throw it out and pull it in so you get your broadside shot.
let us know the outcome

Top Bottom