Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NEED TURKEY PHOTO ADVICE

Shovelbuck

Today while on a walkabout with my son we came across a freshly started turkey nest with one egg. Do you think it would disturb the bird too much if I hung my gamecamera by it? I though it would be cool to get some pics of the hen laying and rolling the eggs. I won't do it if there is a high risk of running her off.
confused.gif

Due to the overwhelming response to my question
confused.gif
I put the camera there this morning. Still only one egg so it may have allready been deserted. Time will tell.

smile.gif
Funny post Shovel, I wouldn't think that there'd be a problem, of course I'm not really sure if she'll abandon or not.

From what I've read turkey are very touchy about nests and abandon them easily, especially first year hens. On the other hand it hasn't seemed to hurt the turkey population any.

Old Buck

I snuck in there this morning to grab the cam. and the egg was gone. The pics don't tell anything. Looks as if a deer that was over curious knocked the camera and it wasn't pointing at the egg after the first pic.

Top Bottom