Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New bows for 2003

Rackaddict

Life Member
I thought some of you may be interested in seeing some of the new bows for 2003 from the ATA show. Bowsite.com What do you think about the new stuff? I thought the AR-31 was a good looking bow. I wonder how it shoots?

Having shot the RazorTEC and the Bowtech VFT I'd have to vote for them. Bowtech kept all the speed and accuracy and dropped A LOT of the weight. Tough to say though without shooting the lot of them.

That AR-31 is a nice looking bow and with a brace height of 8.5 inches even Rack could hit something in the ribcage!
grin.gif

Shooter, Being from Mason City myself I'll give a "River City" boy my opinion. I like the single cam bows. They seem to be easier to tune and they stay that way. In the past I have had some tunning/timing problems with a dual cam bow that I no longer have with a single cam bow. I have heard that some of these issues have been worked out in recent years with the dual cam bows. It used to be that you could only get higher arrow speeds from a dual cam which is obviously not the case now. Arrow speed is not as important to me as smooth and quiet is and the older I get I want a bow that is forgiving to shoot as well. It sounds a bit cliche but shoot what you feel most comfortable with . Yes I do love my Mathews but I'll be the first to admit that they are certainly not the "only bow to own". I'd love to try that AR-31 out. With nearly every manufacturer out there offering single cam bows you would have to say there must be something more to them than just a sales gimmick. Stay tuned for more opinions!

Archery Research?

Does anyone know the websight for "Archery Research"? Is there anyone around northeast Iowa the sells Archery Research Bows? Any idea how much the AR-31 bow costs?

thanks.

Hey muddy/rackaddict, or anyone else.

What are some positives and negatives of single cam and dual cam bows. I'm looking at purchasing something new and not sure really what I'm gonna get or what I mighr loose if I go with either of the two styles. Or is it just a preference. I hear one story here and another story there and non seem to coincide with each other. Most of the time people are backing up their purchases, not wanting to look silly , but honestly I would like some insite on this stuff, not trying to start a war hoyt/mathews war here, just looking for honest advice.

Top Bottom