Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New bows

J

jason

My bow is about 5 years old now. I'm not thinking about getting a new one for another couple of years. So I'm not up to date on how new bows shoot, or there technology. I've never shot a newer bow, I've just held them and the feel is so much different than my PSE!
I'm really happy with my bow, theres nothing wrong with it. I think the only reason why I don't get a new one is because I'm to attached to the one I have! But I was just wondering a few things about new bows.
Whats the advantages of single cam? Can a new bow improve your groupings, or is it just the shooter? With newer bows is it more common to have a higher let off percentage? Thanks and good hunting
Jason

Jason, A heck of a lot of choices out there. Single cam technology is great. The wall when pulling back is irreplaceable (your either in or out) There is a ton of choices out there. I would probably wait to purchase a new one until the shotgun break or after this season is over. Most bow manufacturers new bow lines come out at the end of the year. I also would not want to mess with changing things drastically (like a new bow would) during this season. As far as improving groups practice is the key. Although a longer axle to axle and taller brace height can aid you in this a little moreso than others. You can save some major cabbage if you do not mind buying a "new" last years model once the 2004 arrive. Go spend a couple evenings at an archery shop and shoot as many as you can......you'll know when the right one ends up in your hand. Good luck.

I had an older PSE similar to yours a few years back. I liked it and it shot good. However I bought a single cam bow that was shorter limb to limb since I love to turkey hunt and a short bow works well for me. Anyway newer bows always seem to be faster. With that I can shoot more consistently since I didn't have the same amount of arrow drop as my older bow. One pin can cover a broader range of yardage which is great if you don't use a rangefinder right before you shoot a target or a deer.

i think the problem you mainly had deadeye was that if you gotta medium length axle to axle bow the bottom cam would hit the groudn when you shot since yer a tad bit short yer own self.
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

j/k you going to be around Sunday??

Top Bottom