Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New clover plot ?

StucknAz

I got good rain this morning on my newly seeded aberlasting, Alice, freedom plot. It also has gh radish and WW for cover.

My question is the soil test shows it needs 300# of 0-20-20. I have droptine seeds DT foilar fertilizer which I'm using on some plots trying to distance from synthetic fert. With the test requirements of 300# 02020 what would yall reccomend for adding fert?

As long as you don’t have a super low soil CEC/TEC (<5) , typically P&K are not very mobile in the soil.

Could add the recommended amount the first year, then half the following before retesting.

If you absolutely don’t want synthetic fertilizers at all, then you can use bone meal for P. K is going to be harder. Maybe find some manure..

I got good rain this morning on my newly seeded aberlasting, Alice, freedom plot. It also has gh radish and WW for cover.

My question is the soil test shows it needs 300# of 0-20-20. I have droptine seeds DT foilar fertilizer which I'm using on some plots trying to distance from synthetic fert. With the test requirements of 300# 02020 what would yall reccomend for adding fert?
I wonder the spray volume to accomplish that? Suppose only 20 lbs per acre of each sure isn’t bad.
u can add buckwheat to help free up, I think, phosphorus. Manure, compost or a high volume of foliar is really your solution. Or getting a variety of mixes planted (which u are doing some) to help free up unavailable nutrients from fungal breakdown.
For most part - I don’t mind using some synthetics…. If I didn’t want to use them long term… I’d probably throw a surplus amount asap & then keep rotating multi-species blends after. My solution is getting compost to spread which solves all the issues a guy could dream up. Downside is - it needs to be spread.

I wonder the spray volume to accomplish that? Suppose only 20 lbs per acre of each sure isn’t bad.
u can add buckwheat to help free up, I think, phosphorus. Manure, compost or a high volume of foliar is really your solution. Or getting a variety of mixes planted (which u are doing some) to help free up unavailable nutrients from fungal breakdown.
For most part - I don’t mind using some synthetics…. If I didn’t want to use them long term… I’d probably throw a surplus amount asap & then keep rotating multi-species blends after. My solution is getting compost to spread which solves all the issues a guy could dream up. Downside is - it needs to be spread.

How do you source the compost or do you make it yourself?

How do you source the compost or do you make it yourself?
Have to find a city, landfill or company that makes it. They get subsidized from gov. They collect food waste & make it. Depending on ur location…. Do some research. There’s multiple locations across state that make it. Resellers like landscape suppliers will have it too & deliver it sometimes. It’s “cheap” but loading & spreading is the downside.

Have to find a city, landfill or company that makes it. They get subsidized from gov. They collect food waste & make it. Depending on ur location…. Do some research. There’s multiple locations across state that make it. Resellers like landscape suppliers will have it too & deliver it sometimes. It’s “cheap” but loading & spreading is the downside.

Any tips on spreading in say 1-3 acre plots? Manure spreader?

Any tips on spreading in say 1-3 acre plots? Manure spreader?
BINGO!!! I run Cattle manure at 10 tons to acre. Compost only needs to be run at 3 tons to the acre. So- it’s easier than cattle manure by a long shot.

Top Bottom