Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Double Bull/Primos The Crusher

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
14xgbvm.jpg

Available late summer/fall

I just don't see how they can improve on the most recent DB blinds (Matrix and Darkhorse) to be honest. That picture ad pretty much is pimping the new backpack carrying case if you asked me.

That rubber overmold on the hubs would be nice. I pinched my fingers in my darkhorse last year while turkey hunting and I thought I was gonna bleed to death.

What do they mean by 50% let off?
GSLAM95
user_online.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIEHUNTER07
Tell me about the ASAT and LW Blind...

ASAT blind looks nice for the price

LW blind has a nice magnetic window layout but I am not particularly fond of Realtree camo for a ground blind as it looks like a big blob from a distance (my opinion). The good part is that it comes with some of their leafy branch system to help break it all up. If I recall the Retail is going to be around the same on the Dark Horse, Lone Wolf and the Rhino. I think you know what my choice is.
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAMPION2
Any pics of the new Crusher blind from Primos Double Bull?? I was looking at the Darkhorse to go along with my Matrix, but like to see the Crusher as well!

As I mentioned earlier the Crusher looks the same as the Dark Horse with the exception of change in waterproof and scentproof fabric that pleated to help break up the outline even more. The hub design also has a new no pinch style cover over the back and a rod system that is supposidly 50% easier to pop open and it come with a frame pack for carrying as standard!
I have a picture on a flyer they had at the show but it does it no justice. It will not be available until mid summer early fall though and it will be $399 MSRP.

50% easier to pop open? Seriously? It takes what, 5 pounds of pressure or less to do so? If it's that much easier to pop open what happens when a sparrow or butterfly lands on it and pops it closed?

I don't see how they made it waterproof unless they glued something over the million needle holes from sewing it up, you'd have to be in a friggin monsoon to get wet in them if you have the side closed up.

Scentproof? Yeah right, how do I put a new Double Bull blind into my dryer to reactivate it? :)

If they want to impress me, they can make one that costs $200 instead of $400. Then I might consider buying one!!:D

If they want to impress me, they can make one that costs $200 instead of $400. Then I might consider buying one!!:D
Then you would love my ASAT. It was $250 and I know they have a new one out this year, but no word on it's price, but I have heard it is comparably priced. I had a Double Bull BS5(sold it). I currently have 2 Double Bull Matrix's(sewed a snow cover on one for winter setups) and an ASAT blind. I prefer hunting out of the ASAT over the Matrix. The ASAT has taunt netted windows if you choose to shoot thru them or want them in. I prefer no nets, and just camo myself in well. I still think that shooting through a loose, floppy net(like the Matrix), wouldn't give as good as arrow flight, as a taunt netted window(like the ASAT, or BS5) I have no experience with the Dark Horse, I honestly can't stand that Ground Swat camo. Too much like Mossy Oak Blackout, and looks way to dark for my preference of what a whitetail deer will tolerate.
The ground swat is fine for turkey hunting though, as turkeys don't care, but let's face it, bow hunting out of a ground blind for whitetails is tough anyway. Brushed in and a same day setup, and the wily whitetail just knows something isn't right. Great for the late season muzzleloader hunter though, that shoots them from over 50 yds away. I prefer the open pattern of Predator or ASAT on a ground blind. Here is my ASAT brushed in on a couple of setups.
I had deer within 20 yds of each of these setups and they didn't notice me or my unnetted windows. Lol..the last two photos I had it brushed in so well, ground swat wouldn't have even showed. I know I wouldn't wear Ground Swat as a camo pattern, so why would I want it on my blind?

asat1-2.jpg

asat1-2.jpg

asat6-2.jpg

asat4-2.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited:
i think i'll be fine with my darkhorse-and i agree with everybody else-now i know why the dark horse is a hundred bucks cheaper!

as "brushed in" as that blind is, it could have been blaze orange and it would have been huntable

Top Bottom