Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Here

H

huntress

Hello!
wavey.gif
I'm new here and although I'm from New York state,I thought this sight was awesome. I'm also a member of the Realtree.com forums and known as turkeygirl/turkeygirl2:) Well a little bit about myself... I've been hunting for almost 5 years now.I hunt turkeys,whitetails,and small game.I also just started bow hunting deer 2 years ago and have gotten a deer with bow each year!:)It took my dad about 3 years till he got his first bow deer,lol:p I'm also a college freshman,majoring in athletic training,and I love to play basketball and horseback ride(I have a horse). Oh,I also love to shed hunt,in fact I'm going out this weekend in hopes of finding a shed or two or three and maybe some squirrels:) If I'm not studying,I'm hunting
grin.gif
Well thats all I can think of.You'll be sure to see me around alot!

Welcome aboard turkeygirl! I also am a member of the realtree forum but this one is #1 for me by a long shot.

Welcome to the site. This is a great place to learn as long as you can wade through all the BS that sometimes gets thrown around!! Freshman in college...jeesh...hopefully you do better than I did...too many days skipping classes to duck/turkey/deer/coyote hunt kind've hurt my first few years.

Welcome. It is nice to see new members posting here. Hopefully you will notice here that there is a general refrain from the bickering that goes on at other forums. Good Luck shed hunting there is a buch of fellas on the shed hunting forum that really know their stuff. Hope to see a pic of that big gobbler you get this year.
grin.gif

Welcome, there are a lot of helpful people on this site with lots of experience. I look forward to seeing your comments along with the rest on the future threads.

IaCraig

Welcome aboard!Alway's great to see the new member's posting.What part of N.Y state do you hunt?I have been all over out west but have not been out east yet.My dad say's that the mountain area's are really neat.

You're pullin our leg right? With a Bio like that you're to good to be true!! I was waiting for .."and I was first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant and a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model... " Wow !
shocked.gif
Welcome aboard
wavey.gif

Jeez, do you have a boyfriend...........
grin.gif
LOL. Just kidding. Welcome to the site. Be careful though, it can become addicting

Thanks guys
grin.gif
No,I don't have a boyfirend,lol! I hunt in about the southeast part of New York state. I hunt private land and the best thing is I can walk to it. I only need to walk about 10 minutes across some fields to get to the property,which is really nice. We have 14 acres of our own but about half is pasture for the horses and half is woods but we only get deer in there when they are passing through,sometimes an occasional turkey:) Well I've got a basketball game to help coach then I'm going hunting!
smile.gif

Welcome to the board. You'll find that there are a good group of hunters here, willing to share good info and stories.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Welcome, Just don't try to actually come to IA to deer hunt. After reading several of the threads I'm coming to the conclusion that non-resident hunters aren't exactly welcome.

HELLO Bucky Buckhunter. Don't lump all of us into one bunch. I think the majority of deer hunters in Iowa have no issues with NR hunters, at least I don't. We do get concerned when there's talk of doubling the number of NR permits though. I have several friends that come to Iowa to hunt and a few that are waiting thier turn. Every one of them are people I would be happy to hunt with.
beerchug.gif

Hi Bucky Buckhunter, I agree with moosehunter that most Iowans have no issues with non-res hunters. I will gladly welcome any hunter to hunt Iowa who is safe and respects the laws, the quarry, other hunters and landowners. I do not care where you are from, rather what you do.

IaCraig

NYturkeygril,
Welcome to the site! You'll find this to be one of the most informational websites if you want Deer hunting information.

Pupster

Top Bottom