Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

new hunting regs??

I don't know if this would work for Iowa or not, but, in Missouri they give you 2 deer with your archery tag. If they issued an antlerless tag and an any sex tag and gave you the chance to harvest a doe and a buck or 2 does it would have to be beneficial in reducing herd numbers. I know as a NR hunter I would gladly take a doe if I knew it would not eliminate me from taking a buck if I see one that I wanted to harvest. The price of a NR tag kind of makes a "Trophy Hunter" out of a guy. If I had a tag for an antlerless deer I wouldn't hesitate to take one. I have had seasons here at home when I used both of my tags on antlerless deer because I never had a shooter buck in range. I would say the same would happen in Iowa.

Good point RackAddict. Since the DNR wants more deer turned dead and people are concerned with leased lands not killing enough does, it makes perfect sense to me to issue a second doe only tag to non-resident hunting in those zones where the deer herd needs the reduction. Plenty of our non-resident friends would be happy to help with the doe harvest, but not at the expense of popping their one and only $300+ either sex tag.

Top Bottom