Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Mack daddy killed?

S

sludge

Sorry is this story is already on this site somewhere. I looked but i couldn't find it, so if it's a double post, ME BAD:

Kentucky Hunter Bags 36-Point Buck
Crowds Arrive To See Storybook Deer
Posted: 10:02 a.m. EST November 20, 2002
Updated: 10:10 a.m. EST November 20, 2002

LANCASTER, Ky. -- When Ben Brogle bagged a deer, he wasn't ready for the attention he was going to get.

Word got around Garrard County, Ky., that Brogle had harvested a 36-point buck, and the crowds started arriving to see it.

It's supposed to take two months for Brogle to find out if the deer had a record-sized rack. Brogle says the deer's body wasn't record-setting, and was only 185 pounds, but the inside spread of the antlers measured 24 to 24.5 inches.

The official recordkeeper for big game hunters is the Boone and Crockett Club. Brogle has been told he must wait 60 days for the skull and antlers to dry before the antlers can be officially scored.

In the meantime, Brogle's own measurements, based on Internet instructions, show a score of 241 inches. That's well above the minimum non-typical score of 195 required for listing among Boone and Crockett's all-time records.

Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

news04.jpg

Here you go guys. WoW!

http://www.amnews.com/articles/2002/11/19/sports/news04.txt

Top Bottom