Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Moultrie Digital Game Cam

Buster

Just ordered this new to the market game cam. Tons of great features. No one in the stores has them yet. Ordered from ebay. I've heard some great things about the camera, at only $179. Anybody used or seen one yet.Just wanting some input. Thanks.

I got one for a gift from the wife. I have been having a lot of fun with it. It is sure nicer with digital. The laser aiming really makes it nice to set up. It is also very user friendly to use as far as the menu goes. I have been using 2 SD cards and rotating them which is great so I don't have to take down the camera. I haven't used it that much yet, but I really like it so far.

I will get one of these. Don't have a ditital yet but can't wait. Getting tired of changing batteries and film.

Under two hundered bucks not bad.
This is what I see though. A lower quality 1.3 megapixil camera. No way to view the pics in the field. Runs on a 6 volt lantern battery with an optional solar charger. My guess is it will eat batteries. But since they are using a lantern battery you could use a 6v gel recharageable with it also.
Let us know how it works and more importanly lets see some pics!

i don't have a digital, but i do have a moultrie feeders game cam II, i use a 6 volt rechargeable powersource(or powersave, i can't remember the name?) battery, and always get atleast 2 weeks out of it, even in single digits, only way cams could last longer is if they were run off of a little motorcycle battery.

can't complain about my cam, great pics, no matter the temp or weather. i think moultrie is the best bang for the buck. i have had my camera 2 years it has taken well over 1000 pics and is still going strong, just finished up the 6th roll of film in 5 days. i am going to get one of the digitals though, due to costly film developing.

All,
My first go around in the field wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but believe it will get better.
I messed around with the cam at home and got it all figured out and set up. Took it to the field 2 weekends ago in the -20 to -10 degree weather. The battery died the first day. I probably would to in that weather. I'll try again when it warms.
Tracy

I have had mine out around a week now and it just had the battery die. I have been using the little solar panel and the rechargable battery that you can get. I don't think the solar charger actually charges it, just maintains it so you don't lose as much ground in the cold. I am really enjoying it so far.

OK here is a pic I got with my Moultrie cam, I hope this works.
[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5750&password=&sort=2&thecat=515[image\]

868yote2.jpg

I was glad to see that photo. I ordered the same camera and someone told me that the photos taken at night were awful. If half of my night images show up that good I will be tickled. I do know if the trail cam bug hits me I will definitely have to get me a Vcam!

Dirtball, I have a lot of night pics all of them are comparable to that one. I have had it out since Christmas without bringing it in and no problems with it.

Top Bottom