Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New sight

mole

I want to up grade my sight. I really like the spot hogg, but the price is holding this poor teacher back. The cooper john looks to be a good sight as well.

Has anyone seen the new trophy ridge top pin up close? I finally found a price, its around $90. I am very pleased with my trophy taker rest, but don't know much about their sights.

Any suggestions or comments??

mole

I think the Trophy Taker Top Pin is going to be a great sight. I haven't held one but like you said if they are anything like their rests they will be top shelf... I am waiting on them to decide. I will have a copper john dead nuts for sale soon!
grin.gif

Everything you hear on this thread will be opinion only.Go look at some you think you might like and read reviews on them on the net.My personal opinion is that the Trophy Ridge sights are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Trophy Taker Top Pin on order. I will let you know what I think after it is installed. I also opted to try the TT rest. This is the final Drop Away rest I am going to purchase. I have the Trophy Ridge Matrix sight as well. The Nitro sticks work awesome in a blind. I just want something all Metal.

almost......I say almost went with the 7 pin....figured I'd catch to much crap for having to many already with 4. Should have it in the next several days. I'll take some pics and add to the post.

I love a vertical pin for a one pin sight. For multi pins I really did'nt care for the Trophy Ridge. When shooting past the close range pin, it just blocked too much of the target for fine point aiming for me.
The TT sight looks to be a good one for me as it maintains a gap between pins.I may give one a try.
I also like the Spothogg sight with the fine wire, that is the one I'm considering for a 3d setup.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I'm going to hold off and try to get the new Trophy Taker. It looks bright and I like the all metal. Looks to be a great sight.

mole

I just got my new Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive sight in the mail a few weeks ago. Very nice sight. All metal, micro adjust, single pin, moveable sight, light kit, as far as for shooting 3D's, Spot Hogg is the awesomest sight for shooting bowhunter or unlimited classes. I have the Hogg-It with a light kit. All metal, everything is Micro Adjust, very nice sight. The TT to me looks just like a dead nuts but with a bigger, brighter "TOP PIN". Not much for their camo though, but love the rests. Just my own opinion.

mole,

Being another poor teacher, I upgraded to the Trophy Ridge Flatliner (around $50) recently and love it. It's only a 3 pin jobber, but has dramatically improved my groups out to 35 yards.

Problem is, I still suck at eyeballing distances, which explains four misses on turkeys earlier this spring...all in the same afternoon !!
26404-archer[1].gif

NWBuck

Here is the Top Pin by Trophy Taker. Although it takes an Allen wrench to adjust I am liking it so far. The Top pin is unbelievably bright. Looking forward to shooting it.
426toppin.jpg
426toppin2.jpg

You might have somethin' there Chad.....maybe that is why I shot so bad in Mason City this past winter.

My excuse is that My target bow was not in yet, so I tried using the ole' SUPERTEC for shooting spots. Not a good idea.

Top Bottom