Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nikon 440 RangeFinder

katy

Ballagh
Just got a new Nikon 440 Rangefinder today. After 5 months of looking comparing, testing, borrowing, and trying to tell my self that I really do need one, I finally broke down and got one. I think that it has all the right options that i need. It has a digital processor, 8 power adjustable lens, water resistant, scan mode, 1/2 yard measurements. Over all very happy with today's purchase. Does anyone else have this same model. Also looked at the Nikon Monarchs Binoculars today. They are pretty sweet. I think I like them better that the Pentax's. Muddy how much did you pay for them?

never really seen the purpose in having one of those things. doesn't make much sense to me to have one. maybe on a target range but never in the woods. but i also never shoot at a deer with my bow over 25 yards. what did you tell yourself to convince yourself that you needed them, maybe i am missing something.
waytogo.gif

If you'd seen him shoot, you wouldn't have to ask that question.
shocked.gif
smirk.gif
flame.jpg
30570-chair.gif
angel.gif
bow.gif

I just bought a Bushnell Yardage Pro Compact 800. Very impressed with it also. It does not have the 1/2 yard option but does have 8x mag. scan mode, rain mode, reflective mode and >150 mode it also is water resistant. SplitG the only reason I got one was just to be sure on my yardage. I hate shooting over or under something. I also coyote hunt alot so it will help with those longer shots just for a little more accuracy.

Madisonb&c just got the Nikon range finder/ model I am not sure of but I am sure he's glad to have them. I have Leicas and they only have 3X magnification. Great lenses but I wish I had more magnification.

I have the Nikon Laser 400, 8x power, I really do like it when stand hunting whitetials bow and gun, turkey set up,etc. I use it most for per ranging bushes, trees, rock, so I have and idea of the range when the target species arrives. If there is one draw back to this model I think it would be trying to hold it steady free handed.I have no problem with it not being steady when resting it on a tree limb, trunk, or my shooting stixs. Over all I really do like it. I will stop rambling now.

I just picked up a Bushnell Legend w/6x lenses. It is really impressive, I didn't shop much because I did the special trade in thing they have at Cabela's right now. They gave me $100.00 for an antique Bushnell 400 couldn't pass it up. I carry mine everytime I head for the woods. If you ever hunt Elk or Mulies make sure you pack it.

I can trade in my old Bushnell?? Where do I sign up? Mine is almost 8 years old and has been acting up lately. It could have something to do with the rattling sound coming out of it.
smirk.gif

mole

Sounds like my old one mole. Cabela's has a special going until May 31st. If you trade in your old bushnell they will give you a discount on a new bushnell. How much of a discount depends on which new bushnell you buy
smirk.gif

Blake - This new 440 is really lightweight and even more compact that the 400. So far I'm very happy with it. Seems to be right on the nats azz. For under $200.00 I dont think you could beat it. Thanks for sharing guys.

Top Bottom