Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nocks

Fishbonker

Life Member
How much force should it take to pull an arrow off the string? Twice this season I've pulled nocks out of the shafts when I "unload" my bow at dark. It seems to take alot of force to get the arrows off the strings. Any guess on how many pounds of pull it should take to pull the arrow off the string? My knocks have a little allen head screw in them so I just lossend the set screw and put them back on. Could have been the same arrow twice, but all my arrows pull off hard. Any advice?

The 'Bonker

The allen screw was probably loose 'Bonker. I have the same nocks and that happened to me once in a while. I started pushing the nock off of the string with my thumb, instead of pulling it off by grabbing the arrow. I would rather have a nock that you need to "snap" on and off than one that falls off. If you are questioning the effects of a tight nock on arrow speed, there is none. I chronographed 2 arrows: one with a loose nock and one with a nock that I had to "snap" on and off.....I repeated the test 3 times. The tight nocked arrow was flying at 292 fps and the loose nocked arrow was same. 292 fps. Hope that helps. DLO

My nocks just slide on. So when it gets cold the nocks stay on the string if I just pull the arrow off. Due to this I am in the habbit of pushing the nock off the string and then putting the arrow in the quiver. Also quieter.

Thanks for the replys. I guess I never thought about pushing them off with my thumb. I was concerned that my FPS would be slower with tighter nocks. Thanks for sharing the results of your testing. DLO, your Ok for an RT. I used some waxpaper to "slick up" the nocks as well as where it sits on the string. Made it a little easier.

Thanks again to all.

The 'Bonker

OK???? Bonker, I'm the best!
cool.gif

Top Bottom