Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

non resident questions

muddy

Ok, I know I could just look it up but sometimes I read over things and miss them hundreds of times. I have a friend that is out of state who wants to hunt turkeys this spring. How does he go about it and what will it cost him? Thank you much in advance.

Just did it yesterday.
Call 1-800-367-1188
You need name, address, SS#, date of birth, phone # and a Credit card. Cost 198.46 with fees included. You also need to tell them which zone and which season you are applying for. Good luck in the draw.

Thanks Limb. This dude can afford it, president of Trophy Ridge sights. Been talkin' with him for awhile now about coming to Iowa and hunting. Since my farm got nailed by poachers this last year,
flaming.gif
, it looks like turkeys are my only salvation. Hopefully things'll work out and there's still a couple running around for next fall.

And by the way, I don't know if the 2003 turkey regs are at the fancy store yet, didn't know they were available.
wink.gif
I have the blinders on when I go to work...archery archery archery archery!!
smile.gif
The way it should be!!

10-4 muddy,
Not to get off topic but whether he can afford it is not the issue. I have a couple of friends that have wanted to come to Iowa to hunt turkeys for a couple of years and believe me when I say they can afford it as well. But, I am not going to ask them to pay $200 for a turkey tag it is the principal of the matter. Demand does not meet supply in this case and even if it did $100 is on the top end of reasonable for a turkey.

When is the Micro Matrix going to be in Scheels?

I believe we already have some in, or at least we did last Thursday. I have one on my new Hoyt and i absolutely love the smaller diameter pins. If I remember correctly we have the 5 pin sight with the .019 pins, they rule. I was in my blind that day it snowed about 2 weeks ago and they were super bright while I was INSIDE my blind. It didn't really matter cuz I missed the turkey...twice...
smile.gif
I did get a visual on that white turkey and there is another one with her that has a big beard. Gives me something to chase this spring. There are also a couple of white-brown colored ones...crazy!!

Say, now that season is over when do you want to meet with Ogz & I for some adult beverages?? I vote McCrights cuz you get a pint instead of those little tiny glasses you get at Rookies...that and they have Amberbock (yummy!) on tap! Tues & Thurs I work at Scheel's but the other weeknights are usually good...usually.
wink.gif

If you want to take a look at those sights I'll be in house tonight and I'll open a package up for ya to play with. Look me up if you can make it in...after 5 pm.

what if they're bowhunting it...do they only get one season choice?? as far as the draw is there a fee to be in it?? thanks.

muddy,
Doesn't that fancy store you work at have the brochures???
grin.gif

Yes, I think there needs to be a season designation on bow only. Second season is not available for non-residents. Zones 1, 2, 3 are also closed for NR.

http://www.state.ia.us/government/dnr/awild.htm#NONRESIDENT%20SPRING%20TURKEY%20LICENSE%20APPLICATIONS%20BEGIN%20JANUARY%204

He had better be a damn good friend if you are going to ask him to pay $200.00 for a tag. Don't have a problem with the deer fee but the turkey fee is way out of line...

Top Bottom