Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nose Jammer Review?

blake

Life Member
I am willing to bet that many of you have tried a number of products this past hunting season that either worked as advertised, or in your opinion didn’t work at all.

So, can anyone write a review on this product?

s7_460032_999_01

Nose Jammer™ will help you outsmart big game

Fairchase Products, manufacturer of Nose Jammer, introduces a smarter way to hunt. The company has developed a brand new scent category called Jamming. Nose Jammer is not an attractant and not a cover scent; it is an olfactory nerve overload system.

Nose Jammer contains vanillin and other organic compounds that effectively jam, or overload, a big game animal's sense of smell. Best of all, it does so without alarming the animal to danger. The Nose Jammer formula is made with compounds that are emitted from trees and plants found in North America. The key is taking these natural compounds and delivering them at concentrated levels to overwhelm the sense of smell.

When the brain is trying to process more odor sensory information than it is capable of, the signal shuts off and will not restart until it has had time to cool off. Just like an overly bright light can wash out a photographic image, Nose Jammer overwhelms the olfactory system and overpowers an animal's ability to detect and track human scent. According to founder and president of Fairchase Products, John Redmond, "Making yourself invisible to big game is your number one priority when hunting, but not by covering up your scent or trying to smell like a deer. The basic principle behind Nose Jammer is to blend in with the big game's environment by using compounds that are found in the trees and shrubs that they live in every day."

Depending on how and what you hunt, Nose Jammer is used differently. But, typically, you spray your boots on the way to your stand, then a dash at the base of the tree, spray the tree for 5 seconds when you are standing in it, and that will attach the jammer and create a cloud. When game animals get downwind, Nose Jammer is the first thing that touches their nose. When on a spot and stalk spray your clothes and boots. Nose Jammer comes in either a 6 oz. or a 2 oz. aerosol can making it a cinch to carry in any pack or pocket.

For more information about why "jamming" works, how to use it, or for more information on the unique qualities of Nose Jammer, visit us at www.nosejammer.com

I picked some up to give it a try.
VERY strong vanilla/cinnamon smell.
I could see it working if used regularly, in/around your stand sites, to get the deer used to the smell (cover sent).
If only used occasionally, it could potentially detour an old buck/doe that knows to leave when he smells something irregular.
I’m gonna give it another chance in the early season.

I gave it a try a few times this year during bow season. I never got all out busted while having it on, so that's saying something. I don't typically get busted a lot, but it does happen.

There was one specific occasion where I could definitely see the effects of the nose jammer. November 1st in the afternoon, I was sitting on stand and had two 1.5 year old bucks work their way up a draw I had my stand in. The direction they were coming from was the same direction I had walked in from. I had put nose jammer on my boots as I walked in, and one of the bucks was almost directly on my path. What first caught my attention was a very consistent sneezing from the buck that was nearest to my path. When the two finally worked their way past me, the stopped DIRECTLY downwind of me. At this point, they both started smelling the air and both were constantly licking their noses and even scratching their noses with their hind hooves. Almost appeared to have an itchy nose. I'm assuming this "itch" was produced by the Nose Jammer. Both bucks stayed downwind of me for about 20-25 minutes and then continued on their way, unscared. I had many deer around me at different times while I was using the Nose Jammer, but this occasion was the only one that really affirmed that this stuff worked, to a point. The two deer certainly smelled something, but nothing within that smell alarmed them. However, since it does appear that they do in fact smell the Nose Jammer itself, I believe they would quickly be able to associate it with danger if danger were to present itself during a time when the deer are experiencing the new smell. For example, a deer walks in, catches a wiff of an odd new smell, you ready for a shot, and it spots you. I would bet the next time that deer smells that odor, it won't hang around to figure out what it is.

Used it 6 or 7 times, every deer downwind turned inside out and blew outta there, fawns, does, dinks, coyotes; everything.

I used it late seaon on public ground and had a group of does/fawns turn insdie out when they got downwind of me but I have heard from others who said it worked for them but I wont use it again.

I do have a un used can if somebody wants to buy it

Isn't this the stuff that jjohnson and his buddy used when they both killed their bucks in October? I'm not saying that was the reason they killed them, but it obviously didn't ruin their hunts.

Isn't this the stuff that jjohnson and his buddy used when they both killed their bucks in October? I'm not saying that was the reason they killed them, but it obviously didn't ruin their hunts.

I think Justin sold a few cases of this product and it worked for all but one or 2 of them.

I was the one or 2.

Used it twice and got busted both times. Smells good but I have half a can I will sell also if anyone is interested. :rolleyes:

I guarantee you will not find a bigger skeptic of fad products than me. I bought some at the classic last year after talking to the guy for 10 minutes and basically calling him a damn liar and selling sh$t in a can. He didn't back down one bit. Sorry guys but the stuff sure seemed to work for me, my son and brother. Most of my stands can have deer coming from any direction but I try to play the odds the best I can. I had deer of all ages directly in my scent stream and they didn't spook. I had mature does throw their noses up and try to figure out what they were smelling, but give up and keep walking. And no, I don't have stock in the company.

I sold a ton of it this past fall. I'd guess a couple hundred cans. Very few people said they had deer spook from it. I personally used it a few times and had does and a couple 2 1/2 yr old bucks downwind and they paid no attention. Once I had 2 big does lock up out in a hayfield about 50yds downwind. One doe just sat there and stared and the other walked right to the tree. Normally they would come unglued.

It's not very often that I have deer get downwind so I'm not sold on it by anymeans but I did like the fact that if I had it on my boots and when a deer cut my tracks they never stomped or blew.

I did have some serious hunters that don't believe in anything try it and love it. Who knows:rolleyes:

We also sold several cases of it and never heard one single bad report back. Had many guys coming back to get more that were true believers. Used it a few times myself with 100% positive success - never got busted or had it put anything on high alert. Was extremely skeptical myself but in my hunting areas and pressure levels around here - it sure seems to work.

i am a pro staff guy for double lung productions and this is one of our sponsors seems to work didnt have any deer blow me out i spray it all over the place we had a 195 typ ten killed several 170s and 180s killed with nose jammer sprayed all over the ground in the air seems to work thats just my thoughts

Top Bottom