Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

not to change the subject

flugge

not to change the subject about deer hunting, but does anyone know when waterfowl opens here in Iowa...thanks

Flugge,
These season are never set until the Feds get their hands in the mix. Migratory bird seasons have been juggled for years between the state and Feds because of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act which give the Dept of Interior's Fish and Wild life Services oversight authority to manage and regulate seasons and harvest.

Typically a early season (2-5 days) in about the 3rd week of Sept. Followed by a 40 to 50 day season running from about early Oct. to Late Nov. or early Dec. But with the news out about bird numbers being down the talk is a shorter season (40 days) but still having a 6 duck limit.

Remember these seasons seem to never be final until about 2 to 3 weeks before the season actually open. And depend which zone you live in, N. or South.
You basically keep checking the DNR website or watch the Paper for FINAL season and bag limits not PRELIMINARY.
Pupster

Hey Flugge,
The waterfowl seasons have been set. Since I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to make a link for you to look at I'll just tell you they are on the DNR web site. I was wrong, still a pretty liberal 60 day season with a 6 duck daily bag.
Good Luck
No early goose season again.

Hey Flugge,

The seasons have been set. The Iowa DNR website has them posted, you will need to go to the wildlife portion of the website. As far as the seasons go, for the northern part of the state early duck season opens on the 21st of Sept. Goose season opens the 28th of Sept. and late duck opens the 12th of Oct. Not sure if this helps you out but I can't wait to bust some ducks. Just hope we have a better year than last.

Bowbendr

Top Bottom