Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November Antlerless

jeezticals

Next Year
About a month ago I spoke with my local conservation officer and she advised that due to the deer numbers being down the November antlerless season would disolve. She also stated that the January season would be shortened. I spoke with the CO the other day and spoke about items in the house such as increase in non resident tags and non resident land owners, which by the way neither is going to happen. She then stated that director Litchfield was going to have a November antlerless season for the bottom two teir of counties across the state. When he was asked "why" his reply was no body (residents) has given him any negative feedback not to have the November season. So, here ya go. Please, please contact the director and let him know how you feel. mailto:[email protected]

For those of you living in the southern two county tiers of the state this is your chance to speak up.

Please take the time to contact Tom Litchfield and share with him your thoughts & feelings re: the November Antlerless season.

Tom Litchfield
24570 US HWY 34
Chariton, IA 50049
641 774-2958
[email protected]

Thanks Jesse for posting this thread. :way:

Guys, Tom Litchfield is the deer biologist not the director. Tom is reccomending the november antlerless seasons go away. You may be getting him confused with Director Lande. Tom is 100% biology/hunter and 0% budget/political agenda.

I could go on for 20 paragraphs on why, but... In my opinion - the late antlerless season is so much more detrimental to our deer hunting than Nov Antlerless. I don't like Nov Antlerless BUT it's not doing NEAR the damage the 3 week late antlerless season is doing, not even close.

Guys, Tom Litchfield is the deer biologist not the director. Tom is reccomending the november antlerless seasons go away. You may be getting him confused with Director Lande. Tom is 100% biology/hunter and 0% budget/political agenda.

I was told directly from our Conservation Officer that information after their annual meeting. The seasons are decided mainly on Litchfield's opinions and he stated that there needed to be a November Antlerless across the bottom of the state. I guess I don't care who is contacted, just share your opinion.

:way: He did.

Regarding the late antlerless season, I came away from the meeting with this. Until the properties in Southern Iowa are brought in line.....there will be a late antlerless season. The scenario will have to go like this..........

Litchfield explained that if people in those counties kill enough deer, the "per county" antlerless tags will get reduced to the point that none are left over each year for the late antlerless season. I don't see the late rifle season leaving, because it has now proven to be an incentive for people who don't like it......to kill more deer.

So basically, kill more deer. Eventually, with county management adjustments there won't be antlerless tags left to buy after the bow, muzz and shotgunners get their pick. I'd bet my paycheck that is the only way Southern Iowa will keep the rifles off their deer.

The DNR still still gathering data that will be given to Natural Resource Commission. They have a partial list of recommendations, but that's all they are, recommendations. The NRC will have the final say when they vote 6/10.

Below are the dates for NRC meetings
3/10, 4/14, 5/11, 6/9

Top Bottom