Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR TAGS

DOR

Life Member
Boys I am a Non-resident and the way i see the whole issue of non resident hunting is, ONE, the reason iowa has awesome bowhunting is b/c they dont let every tom dick and harry hunt as many other states do...ie..MN(where i live)...I personally have no problem only getting to hunt every 2-4 years as a NON- Resident b/c i know when i do get drawn it will be a quality hunt...as mine was this past year in iowa. I have considered moving to iowa just to be able to hunt every year, but i probably wont b/c my job/family does not permit it. My point is dont b*tch about a good thing and if you have a problem with it move to Iowa otherwise except the way that state sets its laws. Have a good deer classic!!!

I could not agree with you more.... I recently moved to Iowa from Illinois. The quality speaks for itself.... folks here are not anti nonresident hunting.... they just want to keep a good thing.... hunt Iowa when you can my friend.....

DOR,
Ditto, I have said this all along. I hunted Iowa in 1994, when they didnt even sell all the NR permits. I knew it couldnt be long before word got out and permits became hard to come by. Hell, I saw more trophy deer in one season than I had seen in 17 years hunting in Mo. Im very grateful to be able to look forward to hunting there whenever I can. The only thing that I do have a problem with is the fact that it seems as though all the celebrities Bill Jordan etc. seem to be able to hunt Iowa every year. I hunted there before most of them knew where Iowa was and they are the ones who advertised it to the entire country. Myself, I kept my mouth shut and when asked , told people that there were too many pheasant and coyote hunters up there. I know it sounds cold but, as the famous turkey hunter Ray Eye once said, dont even tell your Grandma about your best spots,-------but of course, you can tell me!

Getting the commercial hunting shows up here is going to happen no matter what is done, but I think the overwhelming majority of native landowners in Iowa aren't into the whole commercial thing(I hope!). Money has a tendancy to talk but I don't know how loud. I am happy with the current regulations. Maybe just a little tweeking. You can't be mad if somebody has the money to buy quality hunts and somebody else is willing to sell. Some people feed their families that way. I just don't want our state to turn into a huge commercial hunting factory. The big scare is land isn't going to be affordable much longer. That is not ever going to change. Hindsight is always 20/20. I feel so lucky to live in Iowa. I could't imagine living in another state and only being able to dream about the top notch wildlife. I'll never leave. There's a new "GODS COUNTRY" it's called IOWA.

[This message has been edited by primetime (edited 02-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by primetime (edited 02-15-2002).]

I have always thought that NR's rates should go up instead of residents,for the simple fact of selfishness and keeping what we have here in IOWA mosty to ourselves.Note the key word MOSTLY.I'm a conservitive guy and like to keep things the same.I'm afraid our niebors are going to follow suite with IOWAs rate increase.I have brothers that live in MO. and i was thinking of bowhunting there next year.The increase is to much all at once.Hell I'm a painter and if I raised my rate at that % I wouldn't be working much.I would just like to know where the money is going to go?Do they ask IOWA hunters there opinions before they make law?And it still is true that some hunters feed there families most of the year with game they shoot or trap to help make ends meet.Not all hunters drive brand new 4WD's and smoke Cuban cigars.I'm thinking its just another way for the gov. to get more out of us.After all the deer are owned by know one..

Top Bottom