Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oct. 23 Fishing Trip

SaskGuy

More of an excuse to get together with my brother than anything else but we roared up tp the cabin one last time. We left early yesterday a.m despite temps below freezing. We were greeted by an inch or so of wet snow when we launched. It did disappear in the open areas before the day ended. We only managed to boat 7 fish but we saw plenty, lost some and did boat some nice fish. First fish of the day, pulled out of a couple feet of water along an island.
0352.jpg

This particular fish had lost a pile of color before we took pics. We had slid him over the side and put him in the livewell so the other boat on the little lake didn't wise up to the fact we were on the splake.
0393.jpg

Reid and the days 2 best after we pulled the boat out. I believe he now knows what i meant when I said,..."it's going to be cold."
0442.jpg

About 2 minutes later we took this pic after I spotted a ruffie alongside the trail.
0462.jpg

I really enjoy it when you post pics of the trout when they're all colored up, hope I can catch one like that some day.

Awesome day on the water! I agree with Muddy in that I'd love to catch a trout with color like that some day.

-Longspurs-

I really enjoy it when you post pics of the trout when they're all colored up, hope I can catch one like that some day.

The dark red of the male splake is what keeps me going back into the fall. They don't start colring up until late Sept. and they come shallow. It can be frustrating at times seeing big red and black beauties cruising by without any interest in eating. I lost a jumbo on it's second seriously aerial performance, was fun just hooking up for awhile but someday I'd like a really big "Black Beauty" for the wall. I had him on Saturday. We just beat the snow I guess, 6" of it here today.

Top Bottom