Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oh So Close!

DWilk

Well fellas, I just thought I'd post on here my testimony to how wary big bucks can be. Well, last night, there'd been decent activity through the evening....then a little six came through and walked right next to my tree...this was say 5:45..well he stopped at the base of my tree and started smelling where I had came in....He didn't know exactly what he was smelling, but he knew something was a little off; he just kind of took a step every once in awhile, stomp lightly... just milling around......So while this is going on, I look to the north and out steps this buck...I have a couple trail camera pictures of him earlier in the year, and I really really was hoping to see him this year.... So, he starts meandering down the fenceline right towards me. (if he continues he will be 23 years broadside) well when he gets to about 35 yards... he stops, and looks at this little 6 pointer below me who is acting all strange. And he stands, and stares, at this little buck, for 25 minutes! By now, it is getting pretty dark, and yeah I'm getting pretty shook up. Well, finally, he jumps the fence into the timber, and starts walking right at my tree! He gets to 15 yards facing me....coming right down the trail. Well, the little 6 pointer looks up and sees him and startles and blows. The big guy stops in his tracks, looks forward for a second, then just turns around and wanders away. I could not believe it! But, then again, I suppose thats how they get old. Damn that 6 pointer for what he did to me!
grin.gif

5264CDY_0033-med.JPG

Top Bottom