Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towers"

Re: Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towers"

on that mount what did they use for a backing. behind the shoulder, is that camo?

Tremendous Photos Dean!!

Im super glad you opted to share those!!!!

Congrats again!!!

Those pictures simply take your breath away. Awesome buck. I'd be very proud......I'm sure you are.

Awesome bucks, like Kaare said there's no way I could pass up that brow buck! Love the 8x8, they're about unheard of anywhere.

hoofline.gif

Great photo’s, those are some very mature deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on that mount what did they use for a backing. behind the shoulder, is that camo? </div></div>

Yes, Harry uses a camoflauge padding for the exposed backing part of his pedistal mounts...He really did a wonderfull job..

Thanks for the comments... I am very happy and proud of him for sure... Passing on Ol'Twins...not easy for sure... The first time I filmed my deer in 06, I looked right at the camera and said "That is the deer I am after, no other, just him" and I really tried to stick to it.

I might have a small(and by small I mean enormous) addiction to whitetails, but what really fuels me is finding one deer and persuing him and only him...My 8x8, I have sheds from him, including the right side of his first ever rack as a 1.5 yr old...Now if I see a deer that makes me shake, yeah, I'm gonna take him, but I try to stay focused. This year is a good example. Kaare had seen pics of "the One" I was after, but when an oppertunity arose to take the 189, i couldnt refuse, plus he had me shaking like a little girl. He had haunted my woods for some years,only offering a moment of video but once a season and disapearing back into my dreams of which he came. 4 to 5 thousand trail cam pics a year in that area and not one of him...ever... a little footage, as i caught him a time or two skirting the edge on route to fields at last light..

thanks again

Re: Old Friends and Great Memories-The "Twin Towe

Too bad about him being poached, but what an awesome animal to share the woods with. I believe you made the most of it, judging by the photos and story.

Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
By the way....no way I'd have been able to pass up that Twin tower buck Dean. </div></div>

Oh Gunner...you'd have left him walk.....this was in 06 and what did you get....230 something or was it 240.... I think ol' twins woulda been safe at your place.lol

And no one get me wrong, it wasn't the "Hero" he wasnt big enough for me so I passed scenario either...It was the "Oh god here he comes again" and close my eyes tight and hopes hes gone when I open them cause it's so tempting... I REALLY REALLY wanted to get the one I did...The first time I filmed him in 2006 in August you can hear me on the video, "Man I gotta get that deer....man thats the one....man oh man, I'm gonna get that deer" lol. I'd love to share that part of the video but he site wont let me load footage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I am sure glad Kaare got you on board here.......pics like that are what dreams are made of. </div></div>

Ditto!

Reading this back, lots of memories, funny how a deer can be like family...maybe not funny, but sick...either way, a guy gets to know them over the years and its hard to stick one, or see one get shot, knowning youll never see that rack bobbing up over yonder ridge, or him stiff legged side step towards another buck again. They really are the worlds most intracate, beautiful animal.

Top Bottom