Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

One more bow question

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

flugge

Ok guys- I have been asking a lot of bow questions lately, mainly because I am hoping the next bow is my "last" bow for quite sometime. I have it narrowed down to a Hoyt, they just feel better in my hands... But what I am trying to figure out is if I want a nitrum or a carbon spyder. Now, anyone shot either of these more than just a few test shots? I currently have a carbon element, so I feel like it might be a hard switch back to aluminum... My other question is, how big a difference is a 3/4" brace height? I want to get the turbo model, but the height is shorter, and they say really affects your shooting form? I clearly dont know, hence why I am asking...any input?

Draw weight... I am going to a lower draw weight since I am having some slight shoulder issues... no more pulling just because I can

I'm going to do the same thing. Drop from a 70# Maxxis to a 60 pound Nitrum, Carbon Spyder or even last years Factor in a turbo model and still be shooting my hunting arrow a little faster then I am now. I have shot the turbos a bunch and not noticed the lower brace height. I think having good form and the correct draw length becomes more important. Try to shoot to long and you may start slapping your wrist.

I assume you shot them both? If not do and whichever feels the most natural to you. I always know in my gut when the right one feels right or if I just trying to make it feel right.

Yeah, I have shot both.. Both felt good, the carbon bow felt "normal" but I was thinking it was because of I currently shoot one. I didnt get to shoot a hundred arrows to really tell is I guess what I was getting at. I just didnt know how the advancements in the aluminum Nitrum were.

As far as carbon to aluminum I think that really comes down to personal choice. I think the Nitrum is a great looking riser. New cage under grip and angles reflex area is supposed to make it stiffer. They both have the ZT system if you think that matters. I'm not good enough to appreciate any real difference as far as true performance. The specs are pretty darn close as they should be. Biggest difference I see is in the price. After hunting a few days last week when I ended up holding my aluminum bow for longer then I expect waiting on a shot I was thinking the Carbon would be worth it!

Last edited:
Oddly since I have had a carbon bow, I have never bowhunted past Thanksgiving... well thanks for the answers and replies everyone! I guess I just need to pony up and pick the one I want...

I have every intention of pursuing a bow that is as forgiving as possible. Speed is going to take a back seat. Forgiving, and natural is what I am going for.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom