Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Opinions on rubber boots......

simplesimon

Looking at buying a pair of rubber hunting boots and just wanted to get some feedback from those who wear them on a regular basis. I leaning toward the LaCrosse Alpa Series(Burly Sport). They are very light and I like the tread on the bottom as well. I have not worn rubber boots that much so any input would be great. If there is one brand that stands out more than another I would like to know about it before I buy a pair.

Although I am not a fan of rubber boots I have the Alpha Burley Sports and love em. Only wear them when I have to but they are great!

Alpha Burley Sport also the best i have ever had... nothing other would do
peace.gif

Do you guys that use the Alpha Burley's have the insulated or non-insulated version?

Thank you guys for the input. Did you all order a full or half size larger than your regular shoe size.(do they even come in half sizes?)Again thank you!

zg,
Rumor has it that they are coming out with a 1200 gram.

Dirtball,
I went a full size bigger... best to try them on and decide for yourself... Does it get below 50 in TN...?
evil.gif

All I have used are rubber boots for deer and turkey. They are nice at keeping the feet dry, and fairly warm. For bow season, I have a Pair of Redheads which I bought 3 years ago for about 80$ Well now they have a hole in the side which isn't repairable. They had about 400 grams of thinsulate in them. But I wish I would of got 800 for those cold mornings. But all and all they were are good boot for the money. Now since I need a new pair for bow season, I'm going to look at rocky's or LaCrosses!
I believe its important to have a good boot for hunting, and that cost really doesn't matter to me... you know spend the money and get a good comfortable boot. But the spring I bought a cheap pair of plain jane rubber boots. Twenty dollars are Gander Mt. They are exstreamly light, and no insulation. The weight of the boot is why I bought them! When you chase turkeys all day, there isn't anything better and a pair of extremely light boots. for the money, I think they are awesome!!

Good hunting Jason

I wear 1000 gram rubber boots. I love the added insulation, but sometimes my feet sweat after a long walk. This gets the inside of the boots sweaty and probably pretty stinky. I use a boot dryer to dry them out, but need to find a way to elimnate that odor during deer season. Any ideas??

Limb it seems like you are always using this graemlin when you reply to a messsage
evil.gif
It does get below 50 degrees here but compared to your weather I say I have got it made. There are a few weeks that the hunt is in the low 20's but not often and that is in the morning hours.
grin.gif
I glad to see you have a great sense of humor
busted.gif

Did not think it was necessary to start another post but my new Lacrosse Alpha Burly's came into today and to say the least they are sweet! Thanks again for stearing me in the right direction. I happier than a three peck@#@ billygoat!
grin.gif

Top Bottom