Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

OT-Lone Tree Iowa

Fishbonker

Life Member
iowawhitetail.com should be congatulated. Both deer hunters from Lone Tree Iowa are members! Jason was first and he musta talked Stuffy into joining. They probably sit around the MOCO sippin sodas and swapin stories. Hey, if you are both out hutnin which one of you turns off the street light? Yup, Lone Tree Iowa, the only town that I know of that holds a "Fall Festival" before Labor Day. I think they call it a "Fall" festival because they all spent too much time in the beer tent and then "fall" on the way home. Lone Tree brings back memories, they were starting a First Responder Group way back in the early 80's. I was down there trying to teach them what little I knew about EMS and to this day it is the only tme I ever lectured with an "adult" beverage in my hand. The best pancake breakfasts, bar none, and I have been to just about everybodies in this part of the State, is in Lone Tree. I'm not sure who makes their sausage, but its the best.

So Stuffy and Jason, say howdy to Rick O, he dosen't really hunt he just sits in the tree, and don't forget the street light.

The 'Bonker

Bonker, first of all Im surprised that there is another person out there that has heard
of Lone Tree! You're right, other than Jason,Ogy ,and myself not to many other
bowhunters. We are glad that you do like our small town atmoshere. I wouldn't
live anywhere else. I will tell Ogy Hi,he lives just down the street,plus we're related,
but then again,everyone is related in Lone Tree !!!

I hear ya CUZ
grin.gif

Fishbonker-
You're right about Rick just litting on a perch in a tree like a bird. I hear thats the way stuffy's getting these days. I guess it's just signs of old age. The two of them should just hang the bows up. In case they have heart failure and fall out of their trees. They better just leave hunting to use young boys. Or at least sit on the ground!

Stuffy you better stay this season he can build on an extra room on his house just to mount my deer Im going to shot. It's going to stand 7' at the sholder, so give another 4' for neck and antler room. So to be safe make the ceiling about 12'. I don't care how high your ceiling is in your garage, this bad boy isn't going to fit in your two car garage. I want a full body mount. And you better get a elk mount to mount this big brut. Because he's going to wiegh about 600lbs (Field dressed).
Well I gave you fair warning stuffy, now, get to work, season starts in two weeks!
Good huntin
Jason

If you two are sitting down at Mocco's you have to be scoping out Shelly - the babe that she is!!! Ha Ha....

Good hunting to you, Lone Tree has to be a hot bed for big deer if only a hand full of you bowhunt, or is it that only a couple of you hunt legally and admit it ?

You darn out-of-towners, to us locals,its called "Smoco". Even if you dash in and out, to
pay for 10 dollars of gas,you smell like you've been in a bar all night. "not that,that's bad"

Jason,here's an old quote from an old TV show. Its from this "old guy" to his young
student. "You have learned well young Grasshopper,but you have much to learn"
In any case,I'll start digging the footings for my new addition.

Good seeing ya, Cuzzin Limb Chicken. If you run into Alford over in your building.Tell
him I still might have a jumpshot !!

I will tell him there is a talented guard from a burb of Conesville that has silly hops and can shoot the rock from anywhere....

Been to the Thirsy Camel lately?
grin.gif

I heard the Ogy is gonna rip off the tank from the park and get it runnin and shootin so he has a better chance of filling his tag this year.

If Stuffy works in Carver Suckeye that makes 99.9% of Lone Treeonians state emplyees. I suppose the .1% is Stacey? Your tax dollars at work.

All kidding aside, LoneTree is one of the closest knit home towns in Iowa.

Oh yeah, if anybody sees Ogy in the park by his house practicing with his bow wait till he goes home and then go find the arrows he lost.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom