Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

owa man sentenced for illegal tag scheme

H

hawkeye68

http://newsobserver.com/nc24hour/ncnews/story/2251309p-2121547c.html

wstupid.gif

Six months of home confinement. Can someone from Iowa tell me what the hell that means?
He did this over a five year period, the punishment should have been much more severe than $16,000. His clients had to know something was a little fishy here, don't you think.
rolleyes.gif

How can a county recorder bypass the lottery system and produce NR tags? How can she not be prosecuted? How can a county recorder not know something was wrong? Lots of ??????????? here!

It is unfortunate that those who willingly violate our game laws for personal profit are treated so lightly by judges. A $16,000 fine for someone who has profited at $3000 per hunter for several years is nothing more than a slap on the wrist. The person doling out the tags for him should have been fired and prosecuted as well.

$16,000 won't even pay for the time used in the investigation.... Oh judge did you take everything into consideration when setting the fine? Lets also look at where the tags came from and why no more charges being brought..How many so called outfitters are operating this way? Do we really need the out of staters coming here to shoot ONLY trophy bucks. How does that help manage the deer hurds? Where will it stop?

All out of staters dont just shoot trophy bucks. I shoot a doe every other year and I'm sure I am not the only one.
I have alot of friends in Iowa that NEVER shoot does.

Mr Beemer's quote "I just want to pay a fine and be done with it," Beemer said then. "I just did a dumb thing. Honestly, I just didn't fathom it being that big a deal, but it is."

Can he think everyone is stupid enough to believe that? Or is he just that stupid?

I doubt his clients were coming here to thin out the does.

I don't know a lot about the legal system, but why isn't this some kind of a felony? This man took at least $9000.00 in payment for an illegal act. This is the one time he was caught. How many times did he do this and not get caught. For him to just pay a small fine and walk away to do it again or something else until he gets caught again is not acceptable. If I walked into his house and stole $9000 in cash I bet I would get more than a fine.

This is another reason that I think Iowa should have an outfitter license system with bonds and insurance and the whole bit. Then we could have extra sanctions for this kind of criminal behavior. The license might not stop these kinds of activities but if the offenders had more to loose than $1600 in fines they would at least think twice.

Mr. Beemer will be right back at it...Nice lesson from our justice system. His attitude clearly indicates he'll be a repeat offender.
But how about a county recorder who was allowed to walk. People of Taylor County...be very afraid. Have you checked all your documents lately? Do you own your property?
It's hard telling what she would do for a buck.
(No pun intended)

Top Bottom