Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Party hunting

CamoMan

I haven't party hunted for deer in over 20 years. Gosh . . . it sure has changed a lot since then !
Cartoon2.JPG

I must admit that cartoon is funny...... I only wish that true life party hunting was as funny. In my opinion party hunting is a disgrace. Iowa is one of the few if only states that allow this type of gang banging....... it promotes large deer drives and poor hunter safety. Not to mention it looks real bad to the nonhunting public. Unfortunately laws do not determine the ethics by which sportsman conduct themselves......... it is anyones privilege to party hunt if they choose to do so in the state of Iowa. Just don't expect to share hunting camp or property with me........ (whew, now I feel better
cussing.gif
)

Ditto. I watched a group of close to 40 "hunters" surround a creek bottom on property across the road from mine. When they turned some dogs loose, I called the CO on my cell phone. Some people hunt deer. Some people just kill deer. Big difference between the two.

Yup, I know what you're saying, Big Timber! Remember last year when I gave a "good luck" to all the slug hunters how pissed several people got?! I think that post ended up being a couple pages long with all the people venting............

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

I think we've all seen pretty shi**y ethics by both party hunters and solitary bowhunters. How about we just let this topic die.

How about this,

- restrict the size of party hunting
= population will still be managed
= safer
= still retain tradition

- bowhunters get an antlerless only tag and an either sex tag for a little higher price.

Both forms of hunting help manage the deer population and yes, both have some negative stories attached but a little realistic ethics would not hurt anybody.

I used to party hunt 2nd season shotgun, but do not because of all the above...and also a lot of deer with "grill" marks and I don't mean the charcoal type...
Then 2 years ago I found a half-buried salt block 20 yards out from what I know is a bow stand. Hmm, wonder how this salt deposit formed here...
Kelcher hit the nail right on the head...

To all members,

I have a solution to this "ethics" problem. Lets all be happy that we share one common interest. Deer Hunting. Every year we get into this huge battle over bow/shotgun hunting and which one is more ethical. I can tell you stories about bowhunters and shotgun hunters all night that would go against all ethics, but I wont. There are hunters in every category that "cheat" the system and give the rest of us hunters bad names.

I'm under the general assumption that EVERY member of this site is dedicated to the sport of hunting whitetails. And most of all, participate in "fair chase." Let's put this topic to rest and enjoy the season. No one won the battle last year, nor will they win this year.

The last thing us hunters need is conflict between us. This just gives peta and other groups something to talk about.

I look forward to seeing all your pics and stories of the upcoming rut and shotgun season.

BT

It's the old "united we stand, divided we fall" thing again and hunters are too small a minority to be divided and succeed. There are a lot of groups that would like to see us divided, let's not let them win...

bt kudos to you, your on the right track. I just wanted to add, don't think the anties aren't reading what we say on this message board. Like BT said we for the most part on here are all hunters and need to stand together. Now for all of you who witness the slob hunters and violators it is your duty to turn these people in. I hope we can put this issue to rest and all enjoy a safe and productive hunting season, wich ever method you choose to pursue you quary, take photos and enjoy the memorys.

P.S. can't we all just get along
beerchug.gif

Fellows,

I did not intend to stir up any negative feelings amongst fellow sportsmen...... I agree with most of what has been posted. I am in no way against shotgun hunting....... I just personally do not support party hunting where an individual can fill multiple tags for all others in the hunting party. I feel it promotes poor shot selection and a lot of wounded and lost deer....... anyone who can enjoy gang banging is missing a lot of the quality outdoor experience........ just my opinion....... Good luck this fall guys !!!!

NOT TRYING TO PISS ANYONE OFF, BUT DO WHAT U THINK IS BEST!!! NOT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK IS!!

Top Bottom