Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PCSA 3D shoot 7/31 & 8/1

i think that FallGuy liked those backstops as well. i think he liked it even more when OneCam showed him why the first batch of arrow wraps were not up to par with the newer batches.
smile.gif

i learned that you gotta pick and choose which targets to miss. the only target on the range that didn't have a backstop was the one i missed so i can't give a full account on the rubber backstops. of course, the log i hit was not as nice to my arrow as the backstops.
wink.gif

muddy still thinks you gotta great thing going on.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

I liked the backstops as well. It helps to unscrew your field tip from the other side and then remove the arrow. My carbon (notice the singular reference!) made it through just fine...even after 3 hits on the stops.

Sorry I missed introductions Bukket. That is the way I removed mine our first shoot......but there were several from the red stakes that round....I call it Field Testing for the club.

Rudd,

I posted what I did, simply for the clubs information. I think your reply was very unprofessional. I never said the backstops were for my enjoyment or anyone else's for that matter. I guess if that is the way your club members are going to treat feedback, don't count on the 15 of us from our church archery league to come back. Let's see...15 people @ $10/person to shoot...you do the math.

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but one of the guys taking our score cards and money wanted feedback and was told the same thing. In fact, he said they received some complaints on the backstops too. As far as the overall impression of the course, it was excellent shooting.

Great shoot Rudd!
grin.gif

It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed seeing all you guys again.

The rain was refreshing since I didn't get a chance at a shower before Shreeder picked me up.
grin.gif

I agree also this was a fun shoot. Most of shoots this year that I have attended seem to be in the 17-24 yard range, it was challenging to compensate the distances for the rise or fall of the arrow on those shots. How about target #33, was that an awesum set up or what?? Bull Elk, roughly 55 yards downhill, shooting like 50, man does it bring a smile to a guy's face when your close to a heart shot on that. Too bad I didn't judge the distance better on a couple of closer ones. As for the backstops, I travel to most of the shoots this year with my youngest son. I have spent several minutes trying to locate arrows and holding up other archers progress when he has missed his mark. This will continue the remainder of this year and hopefully next year he will constantly be on. I have been to shoots where there are no backstops and have heard arrows bouncing around in the timber, and have also seen people shooting at up hill shots, only to fly over the target and make a person wonder where they are ending up. With these shoots like hunting, if you miss your mark you are likely to loose or ruin an arrow. Consider that backstop a $7.00 insurance policy, if your arrow would happen to miss and hit someone, it will cost you AT LEAST $7.00 a minute when you call your attorney on the phone. I encourage everyone to attend this shoot and take along a kid. By the way, it was great finally putting faces with some of the names. Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

ReleaseHunter, WHAT???? I think you are reading into it a bit there fella. My Club welcomes comments and strives to please 99% of it's shooters (in fact we are adding another stake for the traditional shooters because of their feedback) . I think Tracker hits it on the head.....the backstops are there for safety and for eaz of finding a mis-calculated shot. If you have seen any of my posts on this site you would notice that my responses are usually in a humorous tone or are picking on Muddy. What did the fella look like that you expressed these opinions to? I never heard anything about it. I am glad you overall liked our shoot.

The elk was awesome. I actually scored in the 8 ring on it. Tell me how I did that (and a 10 on the gator!!) but clean missed on some easier 40 yarders??!!!
The worst was target 40 (the wolf) in the torrential downpour. I'll bet with the rain my arrow was 800 grains with the water weight.

I will say that this was worth the 85 miles. The long distant shots and the larger targets was a real plus. It was also nice to put names with faces. I guess it was even nice meeting muddy.
grin.gif
I will certainly be at the next one. Speaking of which...... when is it Rudd?

That would be Aug 28/29th LX. Little by little we are trying to get away from the smaller targets. You can get one 2 day shoot out of them if you are lucky. We spent over a thousand dollars on mid sections before this last shoot and after this one we ordered another 6-8 mids. I am sure glad you made the 85 mile journey. It's alot funner without a downpour, mud slide and using a bow as a lightning rod. Still would have loved to push....I mean seen Chris go for the ride. Knowing him I'm surprised he didn't stumble onto a shed while he was down.

Rudd,

Over-all the shoot was awesome. We understand the reason backstops are needed and we appreciate the fact that safety is number one with your club. It is too bad that some sort of different backstop material wasn't used that would make pulling arrows a little easier, when the targets are missed. If anything, it makes you be sure of your shot placement when you shoot at the remaining targets. When you have to spent time cutting the material to get your arrows out and then destroy a $7.00 carbon in the process, it can get expensive. I would rather break one shooting it than it be broken due to backstop material. Enough of my belly aching! LOL

You guys have done a great job on the course and it was very well put together. Our church league will be back! The reason I replied the way I did was due to your remark about the backstops not being there for our enjoyment. I guess the comment struck a nerve. But no worries, we will be back!

Just one thing though. How about an escalator for us fat boys? Those hills are killers. LOL When I heard on the radio Sunday morning about the 3" of rain in a half hour, I was glad we went on Saturday. Chris wouldn't have been the only one going for a slide.

sounds like an online misunderstanding here too me. it's so easy to accidentally take something the wrong way over the internet.

i guess this would be where Kat would insert a group hug.

Did somebody say group hug??? Awwwwwww......

19.gif

Now lets all join hands and sing...
grin.gif

30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Top Bottom