Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

poast plus herbicide shelf life

Kirch

anyone know the shelf life of poast plus herbicide and what it's life it limited by.... freezing etc? I can only get it in 2.5 gallons and it'll take me 5 yrs to use that much.

BASF (Microflo) claims the herbicide has a 3 year shelf life. I can tell you that it will degrade some each year. I work for a Toll Manufacturer that makes Poast and Poast Plus for BASF, we get alot of customer complaints on material that is over 2 years old. We test the material and it usually has degraded to half the label claim in 2 years. I would definately not let it freeze or get too hot!!
Check the lot code on the jug, the first number in the lot code is the year of manufacture the next 3 numbers are the Julian date so if the Lot Code was 7032N01DX you know that it was manufactured on 2/1/2007. I would definately not take the material if the lot code didn't start with a 7.

I'm in kind of the same boat as Kirch. I need some Poast but dont want that much setting around getting old. If anybody between D.M. and C.R. wants to split a jug, shoot me a PM.

Pete,
Thanks for the honest input. I've e-mail a few people on the BASF website. One person relied w/ a 5yr life, the other w/ a 3yr. hmmmm
confused.gif
again I appreciated the honest input.

Peter,
Quick question, I'm confused on how to read the date label. So 7032N01DX. The "7" is the first # which is the year. But you state the next 3 numbers are the julian date. How do you get 2/1/2007 from 032 which are the nest 3 numbers.
The guy I'm looking to get the stuff from has a code of 6074N02DX. What is the date of this stuff?

Also, is shelf life determined from the date it was manufactured or from the date in which it was first opened and exposed to air?

[ QUOTE ]
Peter,
Quick question, I'm confused on how to read the date label. So 7032N01DX. The "7" is the first # which is the year. But you state the next 3 numbers are the julian date. How do you get 2/1/2007 from 032 which are the nest 3 numbers.
The guy I'm looking to get the stuff from has a code of 6074N02DX. What is the date of this stuff?

Also, is shelf life determined from the date it was manufactured or from the date in which it was first opened and exposed to air?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the first number 7 is the year the number you have is a 6 so it was manufactured in 2006. The 3rd 4th and 5th numbers are the julian date or day of the year the can be anywhere from 001-365. Yours was Manufactured March 15, 2006, if my calculations are correct. The "N" means it was manufactured in Des Moines, IA the "02" means it was made on the 2nd shift, and the "DX" is the product designation code. I probably tested that batch! The shelf life is determined by the date of manufacture, if it has been stored in a temperature controlled environment it should be ok!

Top Bottom