Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Potential new B&C World Record typical??

150 Class

Have any of you heard of a possible new B&C record buck taken with a rifle in November in Saskatchewan? Check this out.

deerpic.jpg

http://www.huntingbbs.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55344&FORUM_ID=19&CAT_ID=3&Topic_Title=Possible+new+typ%2E+record+for+B%26C+%28not+Zaft+buck%29&Forum_Title=Bowhunting%2ECom

There are better pictures in the last issue of North American Whitetail Magazine.

I'd probably pass him up and look for one that was wider and had more mass and a matching drop tine on his other antler. I'm very picky.

Yeah right, if I even saw a deer like this I'd climb a tree so he wouldn't attack me!

MW

Rembrandt - I'm not sure but I don't think this is the one in North American Whitetail. That one is a might big bow kill from Alberta. A P&Y contender.

I also saw pictures yesterday at B&B Shooting Supplies of a very big Illinois P&Y buck. It is a contender for a high spot in the books. The guy said it netted in the very high 190s. And that was with a broken 7" brow tine. If their green score is accurate, that buck would have smoked the P&Y world record had the deer not busted the tine. We asked for a copy of the pictures but they are working on some magazine deals. I guess we'll have to wait for all to see. Trust me, he's BIG!

150 Class...The reason I thought this was the Zaft buck as depicted in the Jan issue of North American Whitetail...look at the fine print in the link address under the photo posted...are my eyes deceiving me or does that say "Zaft"? Also says "bowhunting"???

[This message has been edited by Rembrandt (edited 12-30-2001).]

Yea it does say Zaft Buck and Bowhunting but if you look at the words before it they say 28NOT+Zaft+Buck plus I've seen the pictures of the Zaft Buck and they're NOT the same.

Just thought you should know,

deerslayer22788

My error...clicked on the link and took me to another board. That explains it.

For what it's worth, I've heard of this buck and the rumour in my neck of the woods is that it nets in the 206 range.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that a new potential No. 2 or No. 3 whitetail wouldn't create a bit more of a stir. I'll wait for the story in Big Buck Magazine!

Top Bottom