Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Prairie Dog Hunting

hawkeyesjustin

I have a couple of friends that are wanting to go prairie dog hunting in the middle of September this year, the only problem is that they are not sure where they would want to go. They talked about going to either South Dakota or Wyoming. I am posting to look for all of your advice on where a good spot to go would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did your friends end up going anywhere, and if so how did they do, I always thaught you needed to go in the spring around memorial weekend for it to be any good.

The spring is the best time just because of all the little dogs to shoot at. They are small but real dumb and you can shoot all day at them. The hunts in the fall are real big dogs to shoot but they get a lot smarter over the summer especially if they have been shot at. We go 3-4 times a year out in western south dakota. We start in the spring and hunt even into october. If you get the fall hunt bring some warm clothes cause the weather can change real quick. Again anywhere west in SD is a good spot especially right before the Badland areas.

Top Bottom