Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pre-emergent question.

ironwood

I intend to disk then spray Pursuit, Prowl or Sqaudron then broad cast and pack some Nutra Plot, Forage Ultra. It is a mix of forage soybeans, peas and sweet sorgum. Does this seqence sound correct? These three pre-emergents are all mentioned on the product bag so I am sure I'll use one of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ironwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I intend to disk then spray Pursuit, Prowl or Sqaudron then broad cast and pack some Nutra Plot, Forage Ultra. It is a mix of forage soybeans, peas and sweet sorgum. Does this seqence sound correct? These three are all mentioned on the product bag so I am sure I'll use one of them.

</div></div>

Sounds correct to me, normally pre-emergents work best when sprayed on top of tilled ground just ahead of or right after planting.

Some work best if lightly incorporated (not deep disked for instance) so check the labels regarding that, but lightly "packing" the seed and spray in to the soil should be perfect.

Nannyslayer might add his thoughts since this is his field of "expertise" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

That's interesting. I didn't think Squadron was being made anymore or that Pursuit is labled on Sorghum. I also thought Prowl needed to be applied post emerge to Sorghum but Preplant/preemerge to Soybeans. I quess I need to reread the product lables.

Pursuit or Prowl will need to be sprayed after germination on the sorgum. On the soybeans, it is best if sprayed pre germination or better yet 3 days before preplant.

On both of the products, you don't want to disk them in to deep, or they are inaffective. 2 inches is the optimum tillage for prowl.

With this being a wet spring, our chem rep backed us off of prowel. With the wetter soils, you "can" have germination problems with beans with prowel. Pursuit on the other hand is ok for soybeans in wetter conditions.

Great I just had a gallon of prowl given to me by another whitetailer and thought I would put in on tomorrow after tilage. He didn't have the lable so I need to get one on line.

Labeled Crop(s)
Corn (field, pop, seed and sweet), cotton, edible beans, garlic, grain sorghum, alfalfa, lentils and peas, bearing citrus and nut crops, nonbearing fruit and nut crops, nonbearing vineyards, onions and shallots (dry bulb), peanuts, potatoes, rice, soybeans, sugarcane, sunflowers, perennial grasses grown for seed, clover grown for seed, carrots grown for seed, first-year nonbearing strawberries, mint (peppermint and spearmint) and tobacco.

So with the Soybean, pea and sorgum mix when should a guy spray?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So with the Soybean, pea and sorgum mix when should a guy spray? </div></div>

I hate to say...but it looks to me like that could be a problem /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Peas and sorghum prowl must be applied post-emergence but soybeans it must be applied pre-emergence

Prowl Labels

I'm not sure how much it will damage soys if you spray after emergence? Spraying post-emergence would mean trying to spray asap after your "crops" emerge but before weeds get to tall.

Check the herbicide thread for more labels and let me know anytime I missing one /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom