Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Promotion idea for the IBA

Daver

PMA Member
For no particular good reason I had never joined the IBA until this past weekend at the Deer Classic. Long overdue, but now I am officially "in"!

OK, now for the promotional idea... I can say that the promo copy of the quarterly IBA newsletter that someone there at the booth gave me was a big hit at my house, specifically Bonker's hilarious writeup on his DRV (Deer Recovery Vehicle) travails. On the coughing fit scale, which maxes out at 4 "hacks" BTW, any more than that and I would have had to have been rushed to the ER for resuscitation or something, it scored it a perfect 4! My son watched me read, laugh and cough my way through the story and could not wait to read it himself when I finished. He also found it quite funny and wanted to know if I had any more stories like it.

The story was so good and funny that I think others might sign up for the IBA just to get other similar reading material! Maybe you could post backdated stories wirtten by Bonker as a promo/tease for others to see what they are missing and lure them in.
grin.gif

Although I know many here tease the ol' Bonker quite a bit, and judging by his wardrobe I can see how that might be, but I am really serious about this idea, no joke!

I would reprint them, but I'm afraid someone will come along and offer him more money.
confused.gif

Then our membership would go down.

Sorry can't take that chance.
grin.gif

Welcome to the IBA Dave!
cool.gif

I think we all enjoy Bonkers writing and I have to admit to skipping thru the rest just to read his "thoughts"
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I would reprint them, but I'm afraid someone will come along and offer him more money.
confused.gif

Then our membership would go down.

Sorry can't take that chance.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Offer me more money? Why, with what you guys are payin me I can retire in about 21 years.

Just to let everybody know, I do the stories with out remuneration. If my stories entertain you and in some small way increase the membership then to me they are worth the time and effort to write. Next deadline is the 15th. I better come up with something to write and soon.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
Talk about your mad shed finding skillz, chicks dig guys with skillz.

[/ QUOTE ]
or bowhunting skills...
4856napoleon_dynamite_SPLASH.jpg

Top Bottom