Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PSE Team Primos

splitg1

Does anyone know anything about this bow? I was talking to the rep. tonight, and he was trying to get me to buy one. Says it's just as good as Mathews,Hoyt, and a few others. Made a dam good arguement! Any feed back on this would be great....

Just my opinion, but there are only two bows on the market I would buy. Mathews and Hoyt... I own a Mathews and really like it. I have owned a couple of other bows in the past and they didn't compare. My buddy has a PSE and it is a loud bow. Just my opinion.

Thanks Tinks, I'm just trying to get as much info on this bow as possible. I agree, it's pretty hard to beat a Hoyt, or a Mathews.

Thanks Cooper, great post! A lot of info, and not a lot of mud slinging. I've heard comments regarding tech support from Mathews, but as a owner of one, your feed back was great. Most of the time when you ask something about a bow, you get beat over the head with Mathews, and Hoyt. Their qualities are great, but a bow that you spend a ton of money on, should be one that fits you as a person, not just the HOT thing of that year.... Thanks again!

You know guys you are right, usually the great debate starts on who has the best bow. My buddy shoots an old Bear bow and kills a deer every year. Buy what is best for you and you will never go wrong.

I don't have a Team Primos, but my son and I both have PSE Durango's and are very happy with them. Mine has a Bullwhip cam, which seemed to make it noticably louder than his Lightning cam, but with Limbsavers and the new PSE vibration dampeners (standard on most if not all new PSE bows), the Bullwhip quieted down, no louder than any other. I shot two bucks with the Bullwhip, one last year without the new dampeners, one this year with. Noise didn't seem to bother the deer, although last year my son could hear the shot. Complete pass-through last year, would have this year but downward angle caused expandable to hit opposite shoulder and lodge in bone after passing through liver, both lungs, and heart. Deer dropped within sight.

What really makes me a "PSE fan", however, is the great service I received from the PSE factory. I needed a different cam, and they had me ship the bow to them and they changed the cam and sent it back to me no charge with 3 day turnaround. Maybe that doesn't seem like much, but try that with Mathews, you can't even talk to the factory much less upper-level management--they don't seem to even like to their dealers very much. I also have two Mathews. Very nice bows, but I can't seem to shoot one consistently because of the grip (not necessarily their fault, need to get a different one) and the other I really like, but the arrow porpoises like a maniac--two Mathews pros haven't been able to figure it out, and the Mathews factory doesn't seem at all interested in helping. PSE shoots same arrows, same rest, everything as a perfect bullet.

If the Mathews doesn't resolve, I'm getting rid of both and won't get another. My next bow will be either another PSE, or might try a Hoyt, but doubt that I'll ever get another Mathews. Read the newsgroups, etc.--lots of negative comments about Mathews (of course also many fans). So, FWIW, I'd go Hoyt (no personal experience, but know others who like) or PSE which have nothing but good to say about.

Splitg1,

I too am looking at a new bow. And am considering similar bows, Mathews Conquest and Team Primos or Quantum. I have PSE now and don't really want to change. Last bow I bought was in 94 and it still shoots straight today.

My brother-in-law had a PSE SR-500 that he shot so much he wore it out, PSE took it in and put new limbs, cams, etc on it. Guaranteed for life means just that with PSE.

I looked at the Team Primos but got more interested in the PSE Quantum. It is a longer bow, more forgiving simialr to conquest.

I like doing my own tuning and tweaking. I don't like Mathews only selling through pro shops. If a guy can set up his own bow he should be able to buy one off the web from a discount priced mail order.

My 2cents

Top Bottom