Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Comments/ Proposed Changes

blake

Life Member
From the Iowa DNR website:

Public Comments Sought on Proposed Changes to Deer, Waterfowl, Furbearer Seasons

Public comment is being sought through May 23 on changes to Iowa’s waterfowl, deer and furbearer seasons, approved recently by the Natural Resource Commission. A public hearing to discuss the changes and accept comments will be held at 1 p.m. May 23 on the 4th floor of the Wallace State Office Building in Des Moines.

The proposed waterfowl changes include a three-zone, two-season split, with the Missouri River zone as the new third zone. The change would also reduce the Canada goose zone boundaries and allow landowners and their families to have the opportunity to hunt their own land within the closed zone.

Proposed resident deer hunting changes include reducing the county antlerless quotas by 13,000 in 20 counties, eliminating the November antlerless deer season, shortening the January antlerless season by one week and limiting hunters who obtain an early muzzleloader license from obtaining an antlerless license during either of the two shotgun seasons.

Proposed furbearer changes include increasing the bobcat quota from 350 to 450 and the river otter quota from 650 to 850.

To read the proposals in their entirety, go to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources website at www.iowadnr.gov and click on “Hunting.” (Review the Proposed Changes)

Interested parties may make written suggestions or comments on the proposals on or before May 23. Written comments may be directed to Wildlife Bureau Chief, Wallace State Office Building, 502 E.9th St., Des Moines, IA 50319-0034, by email to [email protected], or by fax at 515-281-6794. Persons wishing to convey their comments orally may contact the Wildlife Bureau by phone at 515-281-5034, or visit the fourth floor of the Wallace State Office Building during regular business hours.

The public hearing will begin at 1 p.m., May 23, on the fourth floor of the Wallace State Office Building in Des Moines. Persons may present their views either orally or in writing. Participants will be asked to give their name and address for the record and to confine their remarks to the subject of the amendments.

Any person who intends to attend the public hearing and has special requirements, such as those related to hearing or mobility impairments, should contact the Iowa Department of Natural Resources to request specific accommodations.

boy that waterfowl zone is dissapointing here last time i checked it was going to include south of 34.. figures.

What's the big deal if an early muzzy hunter wants to shoot does in the shotgun seasons?? I would have thought the DNR (and FB) would be in favor of that..

I could see the change if you had obtained an any sex for bow and an any sex for early muzzle loader to limit your ability to take another buck using the party hunting. But I am not sure why that change.

What's the big deal if an early muzzy hunter wants to shoot does in the shotgun seasons?? I would have thought the DNR (and FB) would be in favor of that..

Its to prevent people from buying doe tags for shotgun season just so they can party hunt and shoot a buck

Its to prevent people from buying doe tags for shotgun season just so they can party hunt and shoot a buck

True but I believe it's more to give the guys that don't shotgun hunt but early muzz hunt a better chance at obtaining a tag. Right now these tags sell out immediately. Like 3-4 days after they go on sale. This change would limit the popularity of the tag allowing the guys that only want to Early Muzz hunt a better opportunity to get a tag.

Top Bottom