Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Put the smack down on a few bigguns!

Kansasdeerslayer

PMA Member
Here in KS, catfish are legal to bowfish. I have landed a few nice ones in the last few weeks.

Shot this one 3 weeks ago. HE buried my 50 lb scales.
DSC04401.jpg

Got this one a couple days ago. He weighed in at 38 lbs.

DSC04448.jpg

Nice fish. Gotta think they put up a tussell. I see you have the nessessary bowfishin at night beer holders. NICE...............

Nice fish. Gotta think they put up a tussell. I see you have the nessessary bowfishin at night beer holders. NICE...............

Both fish were alot of fun to try and get in the boat. I thought my line was going to get cut on the side of the boat on the 2nd one. He went straight under the boat and I had to pull him back out from under it. 400 lb test line saved me on that one. The beer holders are an essential part of a good night on the water. I can't hit a thing till I get a little aimin juice in me:D:drink2::drink2::drink2:

These fish were shot in lakes, one on a mud flat and one on a rocky shore line. You just never know what you are going to see out there at night. We rarely see catfish, with the exception of dink channel cats. They are targets of opportunity, and a real special treat when you mostly deal with nasty carp all night.

nice fish, but they're she's not he's...so I wouldn't shoot too many:way:

I'm not too worried about hurting their numbers. A good catfisherman can take more fish in a weekend than I will shoot all year. Most catfisherman I know don't practice catch and release. They, like me, like eating them!!!

Before I put the boat away for the year, I put one more nice one in the freezer. He weighed in at 42 lbs. I now have more catfish in the freezer than I do venison, which is a huge problem. Time for a fish fry and some deer killin!!

DSC04496.jpg

You could mail me some catfish, I'd gladly pay for some fish as I never get out fishin. Nice fish.

Big fish! That's crazy you guys can shoot them down there... Looks like a blast!!

Just out of curiosity, how do you prepare and cook them? I've cleaned a couple bigger flatties in the past (20-30lbs.) and will never do it again for many reasons, but they honestly tasted aweful. Big, muddy, Mississippi fish.

When I cook big flathead, I filllet them, chunk them up and batter them with Golden Dipped beer batter and fry... I love it! Kinda tastes like long john silvers fish to me

those things are HUGE!

I hope to nail a few with rod and reel next summer!

Top Bottom