Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

QDMA Plot Day

blake

Life Member
The Mid-Iowa Chapter, Quality Deer Management Association will be hosting PLOT DAY on June 7th. It will take place on an 800 acre piece south of Earlham, IA that is currently being managed under strict QDMA practices. There will be seminars held on four individual food plots outlining the details of how to plant, what to plant, how to manage and how to hunt certain food plots.

There will also be seminars on trail cameras and how to use them to track deer movement on your property as well as your buck to doe ratio.

All demos and seminars will be held in the field over actual functioning food plots.

There will be dealers from Kawasaki, New Holland, Tecomate and Plot Master at the event with special pricing available only to event attendees.

Registration begins at 9:00am, PLOT DAY will start at 10:00am, Lunch is served at 11:00 and we should be wrapping things up around 2:00pm.

There will be many more details to follow however since this event is only open to the first 100 paid attendees, I figured I would get the word out to all of you ASAP.

Cost is $25 per guy or gal, this includes lunch.

The event is for QDMA members only. If you are not a QDMA member then you can certainly register at the event.

For more info or to RSVP email [email protected]

TTT

Some more information for those of you thinking about attending this seminar:

QDMA Mid-Iowa Branch
The Mid-Iowa QDMA “REACH” PLOT DAY

DATE: June 7th

TIME: 9:00-10:00 Registration
10:00-11:00 Opening seminar to discuss the days events
11:00-12:00 Lunch Served (Fresh pulled pork sandwiches with sides)
12:00-3:00 Everyone will be grouped and given hayrack rides to a field seminar. Each seminar will last approximately 30 minutes and you will be taken to the next station. Stations include:

- Food Plot implementation (products, philosophies for spring and fall)We'll explain what is planted and why in this area

- Native Grasses. We will have one of the nations leading biol0gist in Range Management, Dr. Kevin Sedivec, on site telling the best philosophies in Deer Management.

-Timber Management. On-site explanation of deer impact to timber management as well as what are the best practices for deer management.

-Trail Camera Studies. Learn the best way to set up your trail cameras to be the most effective.

Before and after we get back from the field we will have the following dealers onsite offering specials in their products:

New Holland, Kawasaki, Moultrie, Tecomate, Plotmaster

PLOT DAY will take place on an 800 Acre ranch just south of Earlham.
Directions will be sent to confirmed attendees

COST: $25 per attendee includes lunch. $10 per child under 16

ALL RSVP’s MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 3rd

For more info or to RSVP email [email protected]

MID-IOWA QDMA
PO BOX 57571
Des Moines, IA 50317

Guys and Gals,
We have room for about 10 more people, so if you were thinking of coming out, send me a PM. I'll get you on the list and you can just pay when you get there. I just want to make sure we have enough food for everyone.

I want to thank those of you that made it out. We had to modify the agenda due to the water issues, but over all it was a good day and felt it was a good event. Those of you that weren't able to make it, please send me some insight on what you would like to see out of this QDMA Chapter. We're here for you and want to get the most participation as possible.

Thanks Again!

All and all it was an enjoyable day. The food was great, the weather too hot the wind blew too hard but the ground was unreal.

I was nice to have this web site mentioned. Lets me know somebody is hearing us, still not sure if they are listening.

In the future, maybe some equipment demos, how to set up and run a tiller, how to set up a spray to be sure you are getting Xgpm, how to tank mix with aggitation/recirrculation, how a drill works, how a planter works, more demonstrations. The walking tour and lectures were fine but some "hands on demos" would have been good too. Maybe every body knows how to set up equipment, I sure don't. I'm sure the wet ground played a role too.

Oh yeah, next time make sure everybody checks the tires on the truck they are gonna ride to teh plots in. This may help avoid ridding in the truck that gets stuck. Right Chris?

The 'Bonker

Equipment demos, is noted. We were hoping to do more of that, but that is really a seminar all on its own, but would be worth putting on if people would like to see it. Wet ground prevented us from bringing some of the equipment even in, so hopefully mother nature will be better to us next time.

Top Bottom