Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question for OLD BUCK

S

Shoe

Do you still hunt with Tony Pitzen or talk to him , Have you heard whats happened down their.Some of deer in your pictures look like some Ive seen around in the past.

Shoe, I heard rumor that the GS camp was sold. Do you hunt the down to the corner too? Do you know if was sold?

Shoe,

Sorry to not answer sooner. I've been out of town with the family on a little 'make up for all the time I spend hunting' vacation.

Tony and I go back quite a way. We graduated together in Fish and Wildlife Biology from ISU back in the late '60's. I don't get to see him much any more but we did get together over pizza early last fall. At that time things were up in the air. I haven't talked to him since then.

I hunted that corner of the state for many years and my field experiences often have an impact on my paintings. The original inspiration for 'Cornfield Buck' was a photo Tony took of a huge buck. Though the photo had great visual impact the detail was very poor due to low light and I ended up using a central Iowa rack.

About 8 years ago I started looking for a new hunting area and ended up in SE Iowa. Much of the detail material now comes from that part of the state though I try to keep the overall setting looking like it could be any of many spots in the midwest. Since Old Rivals I the racks are all actual deer from the midwest, mostly from Iowa. It is very handy to live in a state that produces so many monster bucks.

Good Hunting!
Old Buck

Top Bottom