Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on Tags

B

Bowbendr

I am somewhat new to hunting turkeys with a bow. If my first turkey license is a bow only, does my second license need to be a bow only as well?

yes. I just don't understand it but it does...
shrug[1].gif

Uh oh...I was afraid someone would get Limb started on this again
grin.gif

I agree...totally stupid rule.

NWBuck

Is there a draw for NON-residents? How does a non-resident get a turkey tag? price? is it zoned liked deer tags?

DOR,
There is a draw.
You must apply.
The fee is ridiculous.
$189.50.
It is zoned.

Follow the link for more info... If I were a nr there is no way I would pay that much jack for a turkey tag...
smileys-wut.gif

turk info

That is about as riducoulus as charging me 150$ + for a doe tag.......pretty darn steep. Any idea what kansas charges? SoutH Dakota?
Thanks Dor
cloud.gif
~had to try that icon!!

DOR cross the Mighty Mississippi and join us in WI for hunting if you don't already. It's a draw by zone and time period but it's only $55-60 to hunt. But on the down side it's only a 5 day hunt unless you draw 2 tags. Just food for thought
icon_ban2.gif
not_ripe.gif
pineapple.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

DOR,
A Black Hills tag is 100.00. Kansas, if I remember right and it has been three years since I have been there but I think it is around $70... Both are great and Oklahoma is also fun! PM me if you have any questions...
31045-cheers2.gif

DOR,
Nebraska also offers good turkey hunting with out of state costing $65 for the tag. I believe you still have to buy the small games liscense as well. It is $65.50 but you can then go back and hunt upland game in the fall if it is something you like to do. It also gives a variety of turkeys to hunt. You have easterns in the eastern part of the state, merriams in western and panhandle and also merriam/rio cross out west. The state is zoned as well, but I believe the west is unlimited this spring.
beerchug.gif

Gundog is right Nebraska is also a riot. Have been going there for four years now (early archery) and it is becoming one of my favorite places. The other thing I like about NE is you can purchase two tags and print the license on the web. It is slick!
waytogo.gif

I applied the other day and the total came to $197.50.
893shocked-thumb[1].gif

Is what upsets me is that the IADNR makes you apply over the phone so they charge you an extra $3.00 processing fee.
nono.gif

It's what I love to do, so I hope I get drawn.
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom