Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question

L

Little Al

I have been staying longer in my stand and it is a climber. I can't make the whole time with out mother nature calling and it is to time consuming to climb down to "pee" and back up. Should I invest in one of those small bottles to carry or does someone have a better idea? Someone said just "go" the deer don't know the difference. What do the rest of you guys do, I am sure this happens to others. Thanks for the imput. Al

I carry two plastic bottles, one with some water to drink and the other to relieve myself as needed. I try real hard to not get them mixed up!

Old Buck

I have peed in a Mountain Dew bottle.....but I have also just let it fly by my tree. Both ways seemed to work....

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

The question still stands. Does the smell of relieving yourself near a tree stand cause the deer to choose other areas to walk or will they change their patterns? If it has any effect at all. There are so many smell in the woods that I find it hard to believe that the deer will become hesitant in that area. I'm a Tabacco chewer and at times I have had deer come right up to where I have spit and they seem to take great interest in the wintergreen flavor. That's no joke. I think if one would do these things on a regular basis you might have trouble. But I think the deer like any else relate there smells with reponse to danger if a smell they reconise is unharmful it won't bother them. I not sure how all this works. but some info. I have even left pieces of clothes like dirty t-shirts in areas I'm going to hunt to let the deer adjust to those smells that way they are able to build confidence in an area where I would be hunting? Whether it helps or hurts I have never really had bad hunting. I always seem to get action in those areas. It's just a matter of the deer taking a risk that it's comfortable with. Understand that deer do prefer certain areas over others. Ex food water, cover. If those things are present . And a lot of deer are working the area, When you place a tree stand, go aheand and place an old dirty t-shirt with your stand. Maybe even take a leak next to the tree. Now they know your there. It's just a matter of time before they become comfortable with those smells. Never know maybe they'll learn to like you. hahahah. Anyway just some thoughts.
Good luck on your hunting. I hope my spelling isn't to bad.

they make what is called spare blatter it's a gel pack that is sealable to use all day then through away it works good try it and save yourself from moving to muchand spooking that big deer you never know

I use a ice bag, the kind you can find at the drug store. They are soft, have a wide mouth, large volume and weigh very little and seal tight. I can usually get 2 -3 years out of one before they need replacing.

HBH

I do not go from the stand as a normal practice, but I say just go when you need to go. I have not been able to confirm any negative impact on my hunting by doing so.

You should be comfortable all your time on the stand without dancing or carrying extra junk around.

I had a 120" buck walk by me at 10 yards this week after I had gotten rid of some coffee that I should have not enjoyed so early.

Have fun and try not to get too serious about this stuff.
wink.gif

BW-I like your style-"just hunt and have fun"!
I'll never forget the hunter I came across in Arizona some years ago. He had around his neck: binoculars, range finder, GPS, 2 Elk bugles, canteen, 2-way radio, backpack with who knows what in it, and he was stalk hunting. He literally rattled when he walked!!!!! Oh yeah, according to him, he had the fastest bow in the woods and I did notice the Rolex on his wrist. All this stuff is fun, but I think just keep it simple is the best policy and pee where you want. Hope you get that big one soon, BW.
DONW

I made a mock scrape earlier this week. I raked my boot along the ground next to a tree with a low hanging branch. Then I pissed in the scrape. Think I'm crazy? Tell that to the 120 class 8 point that spent almost 5 minutes working the scrape that morning!

On a more embarrassing note, later that morning at about 8:30am, I had to go agian really really bad, only I didn't have to pee. I got out of my stand, ran as far as I could from from it, and took care of business. I can only hope no one had a camtracker in the area.
shocked.gif

Top Bottom