Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question?

youngmoose

While target shooting I underestimated the range and I struck a log that was holding up the target. I checked the arrow over after pulling it out and it doesn't seem to be cracked or bent. My question is, would you continue to shoot with this arrow, or would you retire it?

Personally if it is an Al I would use it and if carbon I would ditch it...

Saw a hand that had a carbon arrow hole in it as the defective arrow broke as it was released. Arrow drove thru the thumb/joint. Bad Bad...

Five dollar arrow or $20k in surgery, pain, missed work, and a lost bow season. The last one would hurt the most and you'll never get it back.... Toss it.... jh

hold it close to your ear and flex it, and rotate it, and flex it...over and over. if you don't hear any splintering sounds, it should be ok. i would mark it and check it often. its something you should do with all your carbon arrows, whether you hit something solid or not

[ QUOTE ]
its something you should do with all your carbon arrows, whether you hit something solid or not

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is something I wish more people understood!!! Carbon arrows are tough, but not made to last forever! I have people bring in, or even shoot some horrible arrows. Arrows should be maintained as much as a bow! I wouldn't want an arrow or a bow to blow up on me!!

I would still shoot if you don't see any cracks of any kind. you just need to look them over once in awhile.
smile.gif

Top Bottom