Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Questions on minerals, garlic, EHD, and general stuff…

Pops

PMA Member
I’ve heard garlic and at least one brand of minerals mentioned as helping prevent EHD. How does that work and is there documented proof?
I’ve heard from an expert that deer aren’t attracted to minerals after June. I’ve read it mentioned here that might not be the case everywhere or maybe with some brands of minerals. Just wondering. Thanks!

I have not used the specific mineral recommended yet but hope to this year. My experience is that deer use mineral sites up to the point that bucks shed their velvet.

I’ve heard garlic and at least one brand of minerals mentioned as helping prevent EHD. How does that work and is there documented proof?
I’ve heard from an expert that deer aren’t attracted to minerals after June. I’ve read it mentioned here that might not be the case everywhere or maybe with some brands of minerals. Just wondering. Thanks!

Great questions! I think you’ll find detailed answers to all these questions on this thread: https://iowawhitetail.com/community/threads/mineral-to-put-out-now….63677/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garlic does 2+ things…
1) keeps insects from biting. It’s a strong repellent when it’s ingested & gives off odor in sweat, etc.
2) minerals & garlic are huge reducers of inflammation. For ehd- hemorrhaging clearly happens when inflammation of organs, etc goes bananas. These things cool the body, help with circulation, etc. Garlic, cobalt/B vitamins, etc are big ones. I can’t remember the other good ones off top of head (maybe it was selenium. I can’t remember to be honest). & healthier deer overcome ehd better. Add to it things that enhance immune systems & help build stronger bodies…. There’s so many reasons minerals & nutrition aid in ehd.

Top Bottom