Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quiet Kat

tall@wide

PMA Member
I recently purchased a used Quiet Kat from a friend. It's about 5 years old and a 750 model. It will not go up hill on any type of slope without pedal assist from me. It works great on flat terrain but is useless on any type of uphill terrain. Is that normal for these bikes or do you think it is the battery? Battery shows full charge but is 5 years old.

750 Mid-Drive should have the power to climb fairly moderate hills without any assist
- as long as you shift gears to lowest gear (biggest cog in the back) and use a higher assist level

750 Mid-Drive should have the power to climb fairly moderate hills without any assist
- as long as you shift gears to lowest gear (biggest cog in the back) and use a higher assist level
Now… if I can get mine to hold a charge past 30 mins in the cold - with a new battery!!! :(. It’s become an expensive garage decoration. Anyone know where a guy could get serviced? Was under warranty & QK did zero to warranty it.

Use a wrap and a hand warmer on your battery when using in cold conditions - will greatly increase your range.

Use a wrap and a hand warmer on your battery when using in cold conditions - will greatly increase your range.
This is like “I can watch the charge go down in real time”. My other bikes work flawlessly.

I had a Rambo 750w mid drive and it also would barely climb hills without pedal assist it did not matter what gear you were in. And why would it matter what gear you were in anyways if your not using the pedal assist? The motor turns the wheels without the pedals moving, the pedal assist is just that, pedal assist.
750w bikes just do not have enough power IMO which is why mine got sold

I had a Rambo 750w mid drive and it also would barely climb hills without pedal assist it did not matter what gear you were in. And why would it matter what gear you were in anyways if your not using the pedal assist? The motor turns the wheels without the pedals moving, the pedal assist is just that, pedal assist.
750w bikes just do not have enough power IMO which is why mine got sold
On a mid-drive bike the motor turns the rear wheel through the gears on the rear derailer so it does make a big difference which gear you are in whether you are pedaling, running on motor alone, or using both with pedal assist. If you had a rear hub motor your statement would be true but not with a mid-drive.

I tell people all the time that if they want to go anywhere and climb any hill without touching the pedals then a 750 watt bike is not big enough. I myself drive a Rambo Megatron with ALL Wheel Drive - it has TWO 1000 watt motors and i have never had to turn the pedals on it for any hill, it has climbed everything i put in front of it, that thing is a BEAST but they are not cheap either.

I tell people all the time that if they want to go anywhere and climb any hill without touching the pedals then a 750 watt bike is not big enough. I myself drive a Rambo Megatron with ALL Wheel Drive - it has TWO 1000 watt motors and i have never had to turn the pedals on it for any hill, it has climbed everything i put in front of it, that thing is a BEAST but they are not cheap either.
This makes a lot of sense here. Now I just wist I could figure out how not to have flat tires after every farm outing....

This makes a lot of sense here. Now I just wist I could figure out how not to have flat tires after every farm outing....
I use a Tire sealant like SLime or others in mine - really seems to help and i never get flats.
If that doesnt work you may have to install tire liners

I recently purchased a used Quiet Kat from a friend. It's about 5 years old and a 750 model. It will not go up hill on any type of slope without pedal assist from me. It works great on flat terrain but is useless on any type of uphill terrain. Is that normal for these bikes or do you think it is the battery? Battery shows full charge but is 5 years old.
Sadly this was my experience as well. I only had 80 total miles on my QK and the battery was junk. They would not warranty it and wanted $750 for a new battery. No thanks.
QK is waaaayyy overrated IMO!
I bought a knock off brand 750W hub drive bike and it outperforms the QK in all conditions, for 1/3 of the cost.

I had the same issue - then got some of the Tannus liners and they've worked flawlessly. Even against honey locust. Worth a shot!

It sounds like the 750 models are better for mostly flat terrain. Maybe I'll sell mine and get a 1000. My farm has a lot of hills on it. Anybody want a 750?:p

It sounds like the 750 models are better for mostly flat terrain. Maybe I'll sell mine and get a 1000. My farm has a lot of hills on it. Anybody want a 750?:p
750 or 500 rear hub drive only - mostly for streets and paved bike paths
750 Mid drive will do well offroad and some milder hills but steeper hills may require some pedal assist
1000 Mid-Drive or 500 Dual Motor AWD seem to perform about the same on hills - definitely better than the 750 but super steep long hills may need some assistance - AWD is noticeably better in really rough ground crossing creeks and washouts
Dual 1000 AWD - JUST HANG ON !

We sell tons of E-bikes here and have so for seven years. I service what i sell and can service bikes bought elsewhere when i have time. We keep tons of bikes in stock - i have over a dozen different models here right now all setup and ready to go with prices from $1699- $5999

Just to update on my quiet kat. It actually works ok since I realized it has 5 power settings. I do need a replacement battery for it and cannot get one from quiet kat. Their customer service is terrible, and they do not return calls. If I can find a new battery, I think I'll be happy with the used bike I purchased.

Just to update on my quiet kat. It actually works ok since I realized it has 5 power settings. I do need a replacement battery for it and cannot get one from quiet kat. Their customer service is terrible, and they do not return calls. If I can find a new battery, I think I'll be happy with the used bike I purchased.
Why cant you get a battery from QK? Is it an older bike that they don't make a battery for anymore?

Top Bottom