Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quieting a bow...

S

sstevens

I'm looking at buying a new bow after this season and today I shot a used Browning Mirage 33s and a new AR (don't remember the exact model, but it had a single cam). I liked both bows but the browing was a little noisey. The sales dude said it was "above average" in noise. Would installing string leeches, limbsavers and a stabalizer reduce the bow noise significantly?

Possibly. But I would have the bow checked out by a Pro Shop for squareness and twist. That may be the reason it is a used bow.

Well this was at Scheels in Coralville and I thought it was kind of strange that it wasn't already fixed if it was just an issue of installing some accessories... What does everyone here think about AR bows? I've never heard of them until this week. It shot good.

I guess I have never heard of AR bows. I may have to do some researching on the Internet. Wish I could give you a better opinion than that. Sorry.

by putting all the limb saver stuff onto AR bows you will definately quiet them down. as far as i know AR does not come with any sort of sound supression on them from the factory. Hoyt, Bowtech, and Mathews do though.

AR is a small offshoot of PSE just for your information as well. they are slightly loud bare bow but when quieted down they perform very well.

I have the Browning Mirage 33 and have had it for the last 3years. I have know complants about it. I have the cat whiskers on the string and limbsavers. My bow is one of the quitest out of all of us guy that shot bow. I would be a little worried about the one that they are trying to sell you. When I bought mine I had know problem with it being loud.

Top Bottom