Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ragweed problems

SEIowaDeerslayer

Well about a week and a half ago I went out to check my cameras and found my pea, milo, beans, and sunflower plots hurting pretty bad due to ragweed (I sprayed with Arrest grass herbicide, didn't use any broadleaf control).

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed as I know my plots could be a lot thicker if I had taken some precaution. My question is, what can I do in the future to minimize this risk and what can I do now to maximize growth of my plots throughout August and September?

Your kinda in a catch 22. Anything that you can spray on sunflowers and milo, you can't spray on beans and peas and vise versa. Not sure on what you can do this late in the game, besides build yourself a homemade rope wick, one that you hold in your hand, and walk the plot with it. Thats about your only option besides a sharp corn knife.

I did just read the Basagran Label, and you will be ok with the soybean/peas/sorgum. It will probably have an effect on the sunflowers however.

Top Bottom