Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ragweed?

madplotter

PMA Member
Have a 1/2 acre plot that went dormant 2 years ago and is loaded with nothing but ragweed. We sprayed it 8 days ago and it is barely starting to turn. Hit it with round up. Should we be patient or hit it with roundup/2-4-D?

How much round-up per acre did you spray? 8 days it should be starting to yellow but different plants can have a delayed "dead look".
What do you want to plant & when? That's what would determine my urgency. I mean, if you're going to disc it up and plant brassicas - obviously no way I'd spray 2,4-D as you're going to have a residual that will kill your brassicas & discing will kill anyways. But, lemme know what & when you're going to plant and that would help in guiding what to do.

Roundup is often very slow to show symptons especially on broadleaves and if plants are under any drought stress. If you see some pale yellowing (chlorosis) in the crown of the plant it will probably die...usually just takes a little longer. Also, in the future make sure you use the upper end of the rate recommendations.....it helps with control when plants are under stress and can help weeds from developing resistance.....the slight increase in cost is well worth it.

Thanks for the help guys. It is yellowing at the crown so that makes sense. We are planning to plant this weekend and we will disc it up well. We are planting Arrow seed brassica plus.

Top Bottom