Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain and Roundup

ironwood

I sprayed yesterday because I wanted to get the equipment I was using back and now it looks like it is rain pretty good. 12 hours I am sure is not enough time for a burn down. Can I expect any result from the roundup?

I would not worry much about it. It would be easy to respray if needed but difficult to cause more rain....we need rain really bad here

I'd think it depends on the weed or grass and how much got absorbed in that 12 hours. If they were "in active growth" you probably got them.

[ QUOTE ]
I sprayed yesterday because I wanted to get the equipment I was using back and now it looks like it is rain pretty good. 12 hours I am sure is not enough time for a burn down. Can I expect any result from the roundup?

[/ QUOTE ]

such a novice.

This link is handy but it is vague on roundup (page 2 non selective) <font color="red"> Raindelays </font> I'm sure my uncle always told me a good couple hours and you are good.

Rudd, I just like to talk to you all. I am a Red fan.

Thanks Travis, it looks like rain may reduce effectiveness. It doesn't give an hours after number for roundup. Great link.

I think you should be fine.
I've switched to Roundup WeatherMax.I've seen results in a few hours.Even got a good shower an hour after I sprayed a bunch of Garlic Mustard and figured I'd have to respray.Went back in the next day and it was starting to wilt already.Three days later I knew none of it was going to need resprayed.Check out the WeatherMax if you are worried about rain.

[ QUOTE ]
As long as the product dried on the plant, you should be o.k.

[/ QUOTE ]
The pic in the RR bean/corn post of the dead foxtail...it rained as i was finishing up...not a downpour but had me worried. I used Roundp Max which only requires an hour to be rainfast. The stuff was wet when I sprayed it and wetter when I got done and it killed it just fine...not the right way to do it...but it did work. Generic roundup might need more time...or just let Rudd handle it next time!
grin.gif

Somebody could please send us some rain!!
crazy.gif

I think you'll be fine. I sprayed around some trees and it downpoured afterwords. The stuff that sat about 2 hours died completely, the 2' tall grass that only had maybe an hour was hurting, but only showed about 60% kill. It was generic 41% gly mixed at 2 oz/gal.
As long as the plants were actively growing you should be good to go, check it in a week as roundup is slow.

The Round-Up is supposed to be rain-ready in 10 minutes. Plus, since you sprayed when it was dry, the plants wanted any moisture it could get, not knowing that the Round-Up would kill it anyway
grin.gif

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Once again I do this for a living, you will be fine. The "cheaper" kinds of "ROUNDUP" are rain fast in four hours.

I think the others are right when they say you'll be fine with 12 hrs. I'm not sure what type you have but like stated, the weather max is good to go with very little time before a rain. Hope you nuked what you needed to.
laugh.gif

I was out to the plot checking cameras today and it appears the roundup is working and I have a few beans popping that where planted on the 14th into pretty dry soil. The first rain they saw was this past Tuesday morning. I think this is all going to come to gether. As a newbe I am still a bit concerned.

Top Bottom