Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Real Bark Camo'd VCAM

Rackaddict

Life Member
Seeing Ironwood's cases reminded me to post this picture of the real bark camo on a VCAM trail camera.

Mike, This is the one I bought from you last year. I saw an old dying Elm with large pieces of bark falling off and I grabbed a big hunk of it. I laid it out with some weight on it so it would dry flat,(it had been raining.) After it dried, I very carefully cut pieces to fit the sides, top and face and attached them with adhesive caulking.

582Bark_Camo_VCAM-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you get a picture of a woodpecker drilling into your lens.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought of that! It does kinda look like a place a woodpecker might want to drill.
doah.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you get a picture of a woodpecker drilling into your lens.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought of that! It does kinda look like a place a woodpecker might want to drill.
doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always thinking outside of the bun Rack, good luck! Hope it's a downy woodpecker rather than a big old pileated woodpecker that finds the camera!!
laugh.gif

I thought it looked great. I never would have considered woodpeckers as a problem but that camera has had a lot of coons chewing on it in the past.

Doug, I just finished my digital this morning and it looks great. I have a few timing things I am still questioning but it is really simple to operate and not to tuff to build because of all the hard work put in by Vman and guys like him at Haggs House. You should consider trying one.

At Hags house some of the members are developing a molding system to mold real tree bark shapes right to your enclosure. What kind of tree to you want to use for your camo shape? It may be available soon through Hags. Pretty cool I think.

Top Bottom