Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Recommendations for road cover

O

offroadr

I am looking to plant something to hide a plot from the road. I looked into egyptian wheat but its to be row planted and I dont have the equipment to plant in rows or drill

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to plant something to hide a plot from the road. I looked into egyptian wheat but its to be row planted and I dont have the equipment to plant in rows or drill

[/ QUOTE ]

You can broadcast egyptian wheat as well as sorghum or even corn for a poacher screen.

Those three are the most commom screens although establishing a shrub/conifer screen is more effective.

Thanks for the reply. This is what I read on cooperseeds.com..

[ QUOTE ]
Planting Methods. Egyptian wheat seed should be planted in rows spaced 3 feet apart. Broadcast planting is usually unsatisfactory. Plant 4 to 6 pounds of seed per acre. The best production generally occurs at lower rates (4 pounds per acre). The ideal spacing for the plants leaves about 3 to 4 inches between adjacent plants in the row.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't sorghum a fairly short crop?

[ QUOTE ]
Forage sorghum gets very tall. Grain sorghum stays pretty short

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the clarification!

[ QUOTE ]
I have broadcast EW with great results at 6 lbs acre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who you gonna believe...us or Coopers?
grin.gif

I think the row thing maybe to produce better seed heads but for a screen...take pharmers advice!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom